My Progress/Goals

Comments

• MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Meh, I hate most leftovers. I would just rather be able to do half orders of food... Would be a nice menu option.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Some places do half-orders... they're just rare and usually consist of the restaurants that give you absurd amounts of food.

Man... this makes me miss Tony's. You order a dinner there and it could feed you for a week.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Um, some full restaurants offer weight watcher's points next to items offered, and may have special menus for that. The lesser the points the lesser the fat and calories almost always. They don't always advertise this anywhere.

EXAMPLE: In Florida, Appleby's had weight watchers menus and has a weight watcher's section in the main menu and will sell an appitizer to be served at entree serving time. They offer garden salad in their appittizer selection.. Mom gets the Chinese salad from the main menu, comes with chicken pieces in it, and the servers will ask if you want fried or grilled chicken while taking the order.

Another thing-- some restaurants that do not do this will serve child's portions and let people order off the child menu.
    edited October 2011
    I would like to see Magic do this event next: http://runforyourlives.com/

Also, want photos. lots of them.
    edited October 2011
    ardichoke wrote:
    I would like to see Magic do this event next: http://runforyourlives.com/

Also, want photos. lots of them.

I support this 100%. Anne, I'll be coming to stay at your place Oct 27th 2012.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Hah. Love that idea! Looks like fun! I think that would even get me to enjoy doing a 5K!

Also, Andrew, do you have any updates on your goals to share with anyone from the last Month? Are you still losing weight or are you gaining more muscle?
    edited October 2011
    Didnt do much exercising this past month. Weight is level at 170+/- a pound or two.

Last two weeks I have been in the gym every day since I switch to snap fitness, weight training and 3-5 mile runs. Joined the Grand Rapids Running Club, we run every saturday all through the winter and spring training for the 5/3 riverbank run and Traverse Bay marathon. I'm shooting to do both of those.

Thats it.
    edited October 2011
    How do you like Snap fitness? They have a couple gyms in Lansing, I was thinking about joining them.
    edited October 2011
    They are usually small and can be cramped. Some of them have nice extras like tanning and yoga/spin classes. The equipment is nice but the free weights are limited. The one I go to only has 1 squat rack, but its never really that busy so I havent had to wait. A plus is that they are EVERYWERE so sign up for a trial and try all the ones in your area at the times you would like to go. Chances are you'll find a good one.
    edited November 2011
    2012 Schedule of events. There are the things I would for sure like to do. If anyone in the area is into this stuff and wants to particepate with me that would be awesome, or just come watch.

May 12 - 5/3 Riverbank Run
    Just a 25k 15.5 mile run through Grand Rapids, MI

May 20 - Exterra Last Stand
    I was really excited when I found this. Its an off road Triathlon. Half mile swim, 14.5 Mile Mountainbike, and four mile trail run. This is dependent on if I can procure a mountainbike over the winter, but I really want to do this. I might just barrow one if I have to. Its at Fort Custer Rec. Area in Augusta, MI.

May 26 - Bayshore Marathon
    This is a maybe, depending on if I get to do the Exterra and or if I am hurting after it. A marathon would be cool, but I'm not super excited to just run for a spell. This is up in Traverse City, MI

July 10 - Grand Haven Triathlon I want to do something in the middle of the summer. I'm leaning towards the Olympic race here. 0.93 mile swim, 25 mile bike, 6.2 mile run. This is a step up in distance from the one I did this year.

September 8 - Reeds Lake Triathlon
    I want to do the Reeds Lake Tri again. It was an awesome experience.
    edited November 2011
    Today I am starting the Stronglifts 5X5 weight training regiment and going to see how the Keto diet effects me for a month. I really want to get rid of the last bit of ab/back fat I have.
    edited November 2011
    Squat 5x5 205
    Bench press 5x5 165
    Barbell Row 5x5 135
    edited December 2011
    Squat 5x5 210
    Deadlift 1x5 225 (still scared of this)
    Overhead Press 5x5 115

The no carbs thing killed my running. Cant have that.
  • HumerusMegHumerusMeg Something, something medical professional, Fitness bitch, Sexy chef Austin Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    MAGIC wrote:
    2012 Schedule of events. There are the things I would for sure like to do. If anyone in the area is into this stuff and wants to particepate with me that would be awesome, or just come watch.

May 12 - 5/3 Riverbank Run
    Just a 25k 15.5 mile run through Grand Rapids, MI

May 20 - Exterra Last Stand
    I was really excited when I found this. Its an off road Triathlon. Half mile swim, 14.5 Mile Mountainbike, and four mile trail run. This is dependent on if I can procure a mountainbike over the winter, but I really want to do this. I might just barrow one if I have to. Its at Fort Custer Rec. Area in Augusta, MI.

May 26 - Bayshore Marathon
    This is a maybe, depending on if I get to do the Exterra and or if I am hurting after it. A marathon would be cool, but I'm not super excited to just run for a spell. This is up in Traverse City, MI

July 10 - Grand Haven Triathlon I want to do something in the middle of the summer. I'm leaning towards the Olympic race here. 0.93 mile swim, 25 mile bike, 6.2 mile run. This is a step up in distance from the one I did this year.

September 8 - Reeds Lake Triathlon
    I want to do the Reeds Lake Tri again. It was an awesome experience.

Of course I will be there if I'm not dying in school! <3 your biggest fan :)
    edited December 2011
    3x5 Pull-ups 15 lbs
    3x5 Dips
    3x5 Hanging Leg Lifts 15 lb

30 minute run @ 8 mph
    edited December 2011
    Squat 5x5 210
    Bench press 5x5 170
    Barbell Row 5x5 140
    edited December 2011
    12/5/2011

3x5 Pull-ups 15 lbs
    3x5 Dips

30 minute run @ 8 mph
  • LazarusXeroLazarusXero Illinois Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    MAGIC wrote:
    12/5/2011

3x5 Pull-ups 15 lbs
    3x5 Dips

30 minute run @ 8 mph

When you say "Pull-ups 15 lbs" what do you mean? Is that a pull-up with an extra 15 lbs? And if so, how do you add the weight?

(Same question with the leg lifts)
    edited December 2011
    I hold a 15 lb ball between my knees or with my feet, but that's the heaviest one at the gym so I need to order a belt I can hang plates from.
    edited December 2011
    Squat 5x5 220
    Deadlift 1x5 235
    Overhead Press 5x5 120

+ a hodgepodge of regular and reverse pull ups between sets.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    When you say "Pull-ups 15 lbs" what do you mean? Is that a pull-up with an extra 15 lbs? And if so, how do you add the weight?

(Same question with the leg lifts)

Or you use a dip belt and add plates.
    edited December 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    Or you use a dip belt and add plates.

Yes, thats exactly what I need.
    edited December 2011
    MAGIC wrote:
    Yes, thats exactly what I need.

Last night:
    3x5 Pull-ups 15 lbs
    3x5 Dips

30 minute run @ 8 mph

Noticing my cloths get baggier around my waiste/abs and tighter around my chest/shoulders. Sucks, there is no button down shirt made for my body type.

Also, I ordered that dip belt and a back support belt. Merry Christmas me. Oh, thanks me.
    edited December 2011
    Get some tailored shirts. Or you could shop at Big and Tall sections, and just shorten the shirts... haha.
    edited December 2011
    Glad to hear things are still progressing. Sounds like you have an even more completely different body shape, and that it keeps changing! So happy for you and how you have met your goals and continue to progress. :)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    MAGIC wrote:
    Last night:
    3x5 Pull-ups 15 lbs
    3x5 Dips

30 minute run @ 8 mph

Noticing my cloths get baggier around my waiste/abs and tighter around my chest/shoulders. Sucks, there is no button down shirt made for my body type.

Also, I ordered that dip belt and a back support belt. Merry Christmas me. Oh, thanks me.

Try a medium extra slim from Express.
    edited December 2011
    Squat 5x5 235
    Bench press 5x5 175
    Barbell Row 5x5 145

Bodyweight 175 lbs
    edited December 2011
    MAGIC wrote:
    Bodyweight 175 lbs

Muscle-gain, I assume? Seems like a higher number than I last saw.
    edited December 2011
    Keep it up! Holidays are the toughest times. Keep inspiring all of us with your will-power and dedication. :)
    edited December 2011
    WagsFTW wrote:
    Muscle-gain, I assume? Seems like a higher number than I last saw.

I can only assume.