Sharepoint 2010

NemikanNemikan Icrontian
edited September 2011 in Science & Tech
Just got a new job recently, I'm now working downtown Chicago! Its a great job, however I'm starting to work with Sharepoint 2010 which I haven't worked with before. Does anyone happen to have some experience working with it and have some suggestions on resources for learning / working with it.

Comments

• MalpercioMalpercio Greater St. Louis Area
    edited September 2011
    Yup! My day job is actually SharePoint 2010 development. TechNet and MSDN both have fantastic resources available. If I may, what sort of work will you be doing with SP2010?
  • NemikanNemikan Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Malpercio wrote:
    Yup! My day job is actually SharePoint 2010 development. TechNet and MSDN both have fantastic resources available. If I may, what sort of work will you be doing with SP2010?

The company made a site for internal use which basically is holding shared documents, company forms / policies, as well as the time off calendar. Once I've learned how to use sharepoint a bit more, I'm going to start implementing new stuff such as some accounting systems and forms. Once we upgrade to exchange 2010 we are going to link up our contacts as well. We also have our bugtracker system running using some silverlight code through sharepoint. I'll be the one working with it maintaining, administrating and developing it.

My background is in programming, so ideally I'm hoping to start developing it using C# but I'm far from that point. I've played around with it a little and finding it quite clunky to easily figure out how things work.