Guys... Pseudonym is a champ

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited October 2011 in Community
I could not be more proud of our friend and fellow Icrontian, Brian "Pseudonym" Novak. He is once again an SCCA national champion!

http://www.scca.com/events/news.cfm?eid=3128&cid=50854

Brian, YOU FUCKING ROCK!

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Dude, sweet! Thats your first F1000 championship, right?

You RULE, dude!
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited September 2011
    Awesome sauce.
  • csimoncsimon Acadiana Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Ah ...and he did it in a Suzuki!
  • MAGICMAGIC Doot Doot Furniture City, Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Great job man, cheers.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Dude, sweet! Thats your first F1000 championship, right?

You RULE, dude!
    His second, if my aged brain works...

I already congratulated you but it is worth a second round. CONGRATS Mr Novak!!!!!!!!! :rockon:
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Congratulations Brian! Awesome news.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Awesome, congrats puh-sway-doh!
    edited September 2011
    QCH wrote:
    His second, if my aged brain works...

I already congratulated you but it is worth a second round. CONGRATS Mr Novak!!!!!!!!! :rockon:

Right, but his first was in a different discipline. I just read through the article - his first was F500
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Nice!
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Congrats Brian! I want to see some video!
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Congrats!
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Nicely done, champ!
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Yay!
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Novak can drive better drunk than 99% of the rest of ya sober

(not that he ever would, or that I have ever been in his car when so, just saying)

grats dood
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Good job! Kick some ass!
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited September 2011
    Amay zin. Good jorb.
  • RootWyrmRootWyrm Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Hot damn, nice run, you maniac!
    Next stop: WRC? ;D
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    More like Formula1. WRC is another branch of racing entirely, if I'm not mistaken.
    edited September 2011
    Jokke wrote:
    More like Formula1. WRC is another branch of racing entirely, if I'm not mistaken.

You are correct sir. I was joking about my known and stated bias for rally.
    Besides, what's there not to love about romping around in the dirt? Pavement is boring. :D
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    Thanks everyone! It was one heck of a rain race. Track was pretty nasty the entire time and once I got a good feel for the car (only the second time we had it in the rain) I just put my head down and ran him down! This was sweeter than the first one since I was most definitely not the favorite to win and I was a rookie for this class this year!

Indy or ALMS next if I could! Needs moar $$$$$!!

Its also online if anyone wants to watch! Starts at 124:00 at this link. All the races of Sunday are there too, and I believe they have Saturday and Friday up there also if you are so inclined. 24 races in all I believe, all under the SCCA section. Unfortunately they don't have it split up for all the classes yet, give em a month to edit it all.

http://www.speedcasttv.com/#/races/260
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    On those wet tracks you gotta channel your inner Ayrton Senna ;)

Awesome win, Novak!
    edited September 2011
    Winfrey wrote:
    On those wet tracks you gotta channel your inner Ayrton Senna ;)

Awesome win, Novak!

Hahaha, I literally repeated to myself several times during the race "Senna in a Toleman. Senna in a Toleman. Senna in a Toleman."
    edited September 2011
    Whoo, dang man, you got some nice slide going into turn one at that race start. So glad you linked to this. Awesome.
    edited September 2011
    It's funny, I don't know any of these drivers other than you, but just watching this race and seeing how they react has made me form favorites and enemies. I was rooting for Cooper to go for the bronze, and I was pissed when Pancea clipped him in the corner and spun him around.

I frigging love motorsport. That was a fun race to watch.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Just watched the race... Awesome job! Congrats!!
    edited October 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:
    It's funny, I don't know any of these drivers other than you, but just watching this race and seeing how they react has made me form favorites and enemies. I was rooting for Cooper to go for the bronze, and I was pissed when Pancea clipped him in the corner and spun him around.

I frigging love motorsport. That was a fun race to watch.

Actually, I would call that one a racing incident. Lucian was close enough to not need to give the corner to Glen, and then at the exit he held his line. Glen just pushed out into him. Glen is a real good friend of mine but he probably should have let Lucian take that corner. He was fast enough to get him later.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I watched the race last night. The announcers were impressed with the gains you made on the lead racer. It was cool to watch.

So how fast can those F1000s get on the straightaways? It looks like you carry some decent speed into those turns after the straights.
    edited October 2011
    pseudonym wrote:
    Actually, I would call that one a racing incident. Lucian was close enough to not need to give the corner to Glen, and then at the exit he held his line. Glen just pushed out into him. Glen is a real good friend of mine but he probably should have let Lucian take that corner. He was fast enough to get him later.

Indeed. I would imagine that tensions get high when you're racing hard for the gold and the track is frigging soaked. Looked like a mental nightmare.
    edited October 2011
    Kwitko wrote:
    I watched the race last night. The announcers were impressed with the gains you made on the lead racer. It was cool to watch.

So how fast can those F1000s get on the straightaways? It looks like you carry some decent speed into those turns after the straights.

When it is dry out, 145-150mph.
    edited October 2011
    pseudonym wrote:
    When it is dry out, 145-150mph.

^^^ Reason I like road, but not so much F1000.
    To put this in perspective: that ain't that much slower than much out there short of F1. Le Mans (the one in France) has an average course speed of 120MPH. Rally sees top speeds of around 130-140MPH, and not often, either. Means Pseudonym's reaction times are on average <0.25s without the benefit of power steering. In a 'smack the button first' contest, none of us would stand a chance.