Tom & Jerry Golden Collection coming to Blu-ray

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited November 2011 in Lifestyle

Comments

• BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Ah, Tom and Jerry. I tried to like this cartoon as a kid, I really did. But Jerry just pissed me off too much. He's so damn smug, and gets away with so much shit. I respect respect the Tex and all with a lot of his work, but...

Nah, Popeye the Sailor was where it was at.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Random factoid I learned at an animation festival the other day: Tom & Jerry was actually the name of a prohibition-era drink. There was another Tom & Jerry cartoon that pre-dated the cat-and-mouse as well. #themoreyouknow
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    That is an awesome factoid.

I'll probably be buying this. That's a great collection.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Tom and Jerry is another Cartoon that Warner Bros. is planning to reboot soon, so a Bluray release of the classics makes sense to gauge/produce interest.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Late one night when my daughter was up and not feeling well Boomerang was running a Tom & Jerry classics marathon. She is now a fan like the old man.
  • GattsuGattsu Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I still need to buy The Lion King on Blu-ray. God help me if they release the Animaniacs on Blu-ray.
  • edited October 2011
    I love classic cartoons from the Golden Age of animation. I can't wait to see these cartoons on blu ray for the first time - restored, uncut, and uncensored, as they should be. This set, and the upcoming Looney Tunes blu ray collection, will be the video releases of the year in my opinion.
  • edited November 2011
    This is grand. I remember being a young kid, staying up late to watch Scooby-Doo, and Tom and Jerry on cartoonnetwork. This will be one for the ages.