The iPhone 4S dual core GPU that no one seems to care about

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited October 2011 in Science & Tech

Comments

• PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Ammendment to Advice to Apple from Brian (because they asked) from Dan (because he asked):
    Third, they need to share more app profits with developers, developers, developers, developers.

Well written article my man, thanks for the insight.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    This kind of writing is the reason Icrontic should have more readers than Gizmodo.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    If we could pump out this kind of writing on a daily basis, we probably would :p
  • FrenchieFrenchie Maryland
    edited October 2011
    The heavy specs might make the new cloud gaming stuff that's been going on more interesting though
  • edited October 2011
    AirPlay + OnLive could be a nice combo with your phone as the controller and apple tv as the console. Something like that...I dunno. For the most part I agree with the author, but I think if some developers think outside the box as far as controlling on a touch screen goes, good things might happen with this GPU plus AirPlay.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    AirPlay and OnLive are a great combo, but that pretty much removes the iPhone from the picture; you don't even really need a phone for that. Even so, you definitely don't need this kind of GPU for that.

I agree with you that developers need to think outside the box; there are other ways to control a game (such as creative use of front-facing camera or tilt/motion sensors).
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    AirPlay and OnLive are a great combo, but that pretty much removes the iPhone from the picture; you don't even really need a phone for that. Even so, you definitely don't need this kind of GPU for that.

I agree with you that developers need to think outside the box; there are other ways to control a game (such as creative use of front-facing camera or tilt/motion sensors).
    Great uses of the tilt sensors on iOS: Katamari Damacy and Super Monkey Ball. Cooking Mama also uses motion detection, but it doesn't seem to work nearly as well.
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    A new Myst game would work well on a touch-only device.
  • edited October 2011
    They can always sell a separate controller which plugs into socket for those who want hard buttons. Imagine something 8-10 mm wide...
  • edited October 2011
    Not that I would mind, but I would worry for Nintendo's sake. If Apple ends up dominating the handhelds... Well, I can easily see where that would leave Nintendo. Dead in the water.