Count me in!

ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
edited October 2011 in Folding@Home
I guess its time I started folding. I got the SMP version up and running and was looking into GPU folding. I have two ATI cards; a HD 6550D integrated into my A8 apu as well as a crossfired HD 6670. I tried the GPU3 client but all it does is say that it does not support my 6550. Are these cards just not supported or is there a way to make them work?

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I don't think you can run the SMP and GPU F@H at the same time on an APU.

I, of course could be wrong
  • clifford_cooleyclifford_cooley Arkansas, USA Member
    edited October 2011
    fatcat wrote:
    I don't think you can run the SMP and GPU F@H at the same time on an APU.
    I'm not sure about that either.

However when it comes to AMD graphics there is only one client that has a high performance yield. The newest V7 Client which is still in development has been programmed for better performance than previous clients.

Download from this location if interested, Folding@Home v7 Client Beta Release Page.
  • ErrorNullTurnipErrorNullTurnip Illinois Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    The integrated 6550 appears to the system as a dedicated card so its working fine. I did get v7 working, but it's only using the 6550 which is setup as my main card. Is there a way to tell it to use the other card?
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Try out fahtracker.
  • clifford_cooleyclifford_cooley Arkansas, USA Member
    edited October 2011
    The integrated 6550 appears to the system as a dedicated card so its working fine. I did get v7 working, but it's only using the 6550 which is setup as my main card. Is there a way to tell it to use the other card?

You need to configure a slot for every CPU/GPU you want to use. One slot for folding on multiple CPU cores (configured as SMP) and additional slots for each GPU.

Yes the FAH GPU Tracker V2 can be used but the points will suck.