Single Player Games

Slayer5227Slayer5227 Elkridge Member
edited October 2011 in Gaming
Looking for a single player game to get me through this week. Need something I can get deep into today but not beat right away. I would be willing to buy something if it wasn't super expensive. I have beaten portal, half-life, dead space, bioshock, and those are off the top of my head but give me suggestions please. Thanks, and have a beautiful Sunday.

Comments

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    civilization*
  • Slayer5227Slayer5227 Elkridge Member
    edited October 2011
    There is like 50 of them O.O or at least a full row when I search it on steam
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    edited October 2011
    Oh god I'm awful at strategy games. Thank you for the suggestion though.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I have some great single-player games that I've had a riot with:

First, check into the Humble Bundle. It's an absurd gaming value.

Next: Anomaly: Warzone Earth: A tower-defense game in reverse: You're the creeps.

And, Sanctum. Another tower-defense game (see a pattern?) but it's a first-person game. Unique and fun. Very difficult.
    edited October 2011
    Mmm I was looking for more of a deep-story based game similar to half-life or dead space. Anyone got any suggestions?
    edited October 2011
    Borderlands. I absolutely love that game.
    edited October 2011
    Also: Note that Fable III is only $17 for another day on Steam
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Borderlands. I absolutely love that game.

he said deep story based :tongue:

Mass Effect would be my suggestion
    edited October 2011
    Have boarderlands been trying to get into it, I'm having some trouble with it. Just seems tedious at times.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Deus Ex: Human Revolution? Too expensive?

Mass Effect 1/2? One of the Splinter Cell games?
    edited October 2011
    Might buy mass effect. But I also wanna buy the bulldozer next week when it drops may have to ummm *cough* pirate *cough*
    edited October 2011
    edited October 2011
    As a general rule in the Icrontic community, we are pretty against software piracy. Support the developers, don't be a dick.
    edited October 2011
    I know I'm not a fan of it either, I use to do it a lot but I realized that I would rather pay for the games, at this point I'd rather just miss out and get the bulldozer then pirate it.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Fallout(s), KotOR(s), Deus Ex, Planescape Torment are all story driven and old enough to be cheap.
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I'd recommend the mass effect series, too.

If you want a blast from the past, Freespace and Freespace 2 are flight sims (a genre dead before its time) that have a moderately acceptable story. FS2 scared the crap out of me. "Most pilots only go on ONE suicide mission..." They're both on gog.com .
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Definitely Mass Effect 1/2
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    First, don't pirate anything if you value a clean Windows installation. It's more trouble than its worth, in many cases the files are just a honey pot for a virus, just don't.

Many on Icrontic agree, Beyond Good and Evil is a highly underapreciated single player adventure game. $10

Giants: Citizen Kabuto is an action game that mixes shooter and platforming mechanics with clever humor. For $6 it is hard to argue with.

If you are looking for something more adult, the Max Payne bundle is worth a play if you have not gone through them. $15, and the series will soon see a third installment perhaps revitalizing interest in the classics.
    edited October 2011
    Metro 2033 on sale for 5 dollars.....must buy......