Why grown-ass men love My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic so much

Comments

• edited October 2011
    Your all wrong, this is the best pony
    077Ponyta.png
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    The reason they won't leave you alone is that majority of the fanbase didn't like the first episode they saw, and they know that if you saw a few more episodes, you'd probably get hooked.

And honestly, if the episode you saw was the very first one, I can see why it wouldn't hook you. Episode 1 was probably the one of the worst episode in the entire series, alongside the Dave Polsky episodes (15 and 21). Trust me, this is one series where if you're judging it on just one episode, you're judging it WAY too soon. For me, it took until episode 7 to realize that I ACTUALLY wanted to watch the show.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa. You're actually hopping on "Over A Barrel"? I thought that was actually pretty well done.

Feeling Pinkie Keen I definitely could have done without, though. It was just kind of asking for trouble.

But yeah, most will tell you you should probably watch a -couple- of episodes. What REALLY irks me are the people who refuse to even watch it at all.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Interesting. Feeling Pinkie Keen and Over a Barrel are awesome episodes in my opinion. If you ignore the alleged religious resonance (it was never intended), FPK is hilarious.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Yeah, I enjoyed those two as well ^^
  • DavidReinoldDavidReinold Minnesota
    edited October 2011
    Over a Barrel was obnoxious because in the end, you can't really tell what the HELL the message was supposed to be. I won't deny that it had some hilarious moments, but when you get down to it's purpose as an episode, it didn't really hold any value as kids show material. And let's face it - if we want this show to keep going, we want it to have value as a kids show.

Of course everyone says Hasbro would have to be stupid to cancel the show at this point, but let's face it, it was also extremely stupid of them to only release the blind-bag ponies in Europe and limit America to the shitty brushables. Honestly I wouldn't put any stupidity past them.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    it was also extremely stupid of them to only release the blind-bag ponies in Europe and limit America to the shitty brushables.
    I have no idea what this means, but feel a certain self-satisfied smugness regardless.
    edited October 2011
    Basil wrote:
    I have no idea what this means, but feel a certain self-satisfied smugness regardless.
    Blind bag ponies: the Europe-only pony toys which are 99% show accurate and extremely desirable.

Brushables: The bullshit that we Americans get. These toys are about 2% show accurate, and cost nearly twice as much as the blind bags.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    #firstworldproblems
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    It took one playing of Winter Wrap Up and my friends were hooked.
  • edited October 2011
    RAINBOW DASH IS SHIT TIER PONY.

GOD TIER: TWILIGHT SPARKLE, FLUTTERSHY
    MEH TIER: RARITY
    SHIT TIER: PINKIE PIE, RAINBOW DASH
    FOR FUCK'S SAKE TIER: APPLEJACK
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    CAPS LOCK TIER: jimmy hoffa
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I shed a tier

SadDraper.png
    edited October 2011
    RARITY IS SHIT TIER PONY.

GOD TIER: RAINBOW DASH, FLUTTERSHY
    MEH TIER: TWILIGHT SPARKLE, PINKIE PIE
    SHIT TIER: APPLEJACK
    FOR FUCK'S SAKE TIER: RARITY

You had some spelling mistakes, I fixed them for you.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    DickCox wrote:
    I'm roommates with the author of this article, and I still don't MLP, and I don't why people it either.

I don't MLP either. I'd rather Phineas and Ferb.
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Kwitko wrote:
    I don't MLP either. I'd rather Phineas and Ferb.

I won't lie, I watch Phineas and Ferb with my daughter and like it. Something tells me if Dr. Doofenshmirtz were after those adorable pony's instead of the semi adorable nighttime obsessed pony, the show would get a huge ratings bump! Crossover!

Dr__Doofenshmirtz_by_chumchumwarriorcat.jpg
    edited October 2011
    I LOL'ed at Jimmy Hoffa's post. Good show. Something about seeing the name of ponies plus "shit tier" makes me crack up.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    This is now an iCarly thread:
    kNKv7.jpg
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I love iCarly. Watched several episodes with my kids. Great writing for a kids' show.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Everyone knows Geniune Risk is best <strike>pony</strike> filly.
    edited October 2011
    You have a crush on Miranda Cosgrove too?
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I really think pony fans should be getting behind The Aquabats Super Show as well, since it's also coming to The Hub.

SZ59M.jpg

Bonus points if they collab'd together in some of the Hub promos/commercials.
    edited October 2011
    Kwitko wrote:
    Anything Kwitko says about ponies

290-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic.png
  • edited October 2011
    I know poeple have said this, but... UPSlynx YOU NEED TO READ FALLOUT EQUESTRIA,OR YOU'LL EXPLODE
    edited October 2011
    Ok, Ok!

But what if I don't really like Fallout 3? Will that matter?
  • AcesofacesAcesofaces Southwest, VA
    edited October 2011
    View this video for the Fallout 3: Equestria. You cannot lie that the trailer/video is 20% cooler now, your argument will be invalid if so. Though I did not care much for that fanfic anyway, but might read it for fact I can. Not had a lot of time on my hands to do so, nor come here to post.

Link to the video, doubt it is original source one but it works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-8UactLe4Q&feature=related
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I love iCarly. Watched several episodes with my kids. Great writing for a kids' show.

Drake And Josh was so much better, I felt more awkward watching the one episode of iCarly I've seen than I ever felt awkward watching My Little Pony.
    edited October 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:
    290-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic.png
    I'm sorry, dude. I just don't like MLP:FiM. Nothing you say is going to change my mind, so just...
    PgdR1.gif
  • Cliff_ForsterCliff_Forster Icrontian
    edited October 2011

I'm not ashamed to say that I frequently engage in random dancing while enjoying a spaghetti taco.
    edited October 2011
    Not trying to change your mind, yo. I'm indifferent to the matter. You drop a lot of comments here and there, though, so I was just sayin'.
  • edited October 2011
    Who the hell is DON Draper? Is he related to the great Captain Crunch?