WU/Points Correlation

profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
edited June 2003 in Folding@Home
I know that different WU's give different point yields due to the complexity of the WU and speed with which it is completed.

Being the competitive person that I am, I was wondering if it is safe to assume that if you are just a little behind someone who has way more WU's (but only a few more points) that you will likely pass them in the standings eventually (assuming they don't add more comps, etc).

I should add that I would be more than happy to see everyone pass me if it meant that the ultimate goal of the project - finding cures for diseases - could be achieved sooner.

Prof
(Getting ready to add another Folding machine later this week - folding name is "scthoburn" - currently 67th place TEAM 93):p

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited June 2003
    It could also just be the person has been with the project a long long time, since when the point values were really low, I suppose.
  • profdlpprofdlp The Holy City Of Westlake, Ohio
    edited June 2003
    That makes sense. Overall, using the exact same computer, do you think your points-per-week total would be greater now that the heftier WU's are being issued?

Prof
  • mmonninmmonnin Centreville, VA
    edited June 2003
    They try to make them worth the same for the amount of time you spend but its not always the case.

It really depends on the WU. It used to be for awhile that the 1.5 pointers would kick some butt with points. They were a lot better than some of the bigger ones.

Comparing the overall bigger WUs of today compared to the smaller WUs of yesteryear then yes today's bigger WUs are far more productive.