FS: HP Mini 311 netbook, 360 Arcade.

GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
edited December 2011 in Trading Post
FS: Xbox 360 Arcade Edition Last generation before the 360 slim was released. This is the one with the built-in 512MB memory and the HDMI output port. Comes with the original composite A/V cable and one wireless controller. $100 plus shipping

FS: HP Mini 311 Netbook Atom CPU, nVidia ION graphics, 2GB DDR3 (1GB built-in plus 1GB SODIMM added) 120GB HDD, Windows XP. $200 shipped (US).

Let me know if any of my prices are insane. I don't know what the used market supports right now, I'm overdue on getting this stuff out of the house, according to my wife!

I take paypal, and I generally ship USPS, but I'm flexible on that if you have other preferences.

I'm also looking for one of the most ridiculous purchases I've ever made: a Northwood core 3.06 GHz HT P4 (533MHz FSB) if anyone has one sitting around in a junk pile somewhere. I'm upgrading a PC at church, and that's the fastest CPU it will support.

Comments

• the_technocratthe_technocrat IC-MotY1 Indy Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    How much is XBL? Needed for streaming Netflix? I've been out of consoles for a loooong time. As in, PS2...

Got DirecTV a few months back and it doesn't work with TiVo. :(
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    XBL+Netflix is around $20 a month combined.
    edited August 2011
    That makes me interested.

Looks like if you already have Netflix, all you need is an XBOX Live Gold subscription? XBL Gold also has Hulu, etc. Not a bad deal. ($42/year)

I've been looking at Forza Motorsport 4... Driving games are one thing that I just can't do on a PC, and it looks pretty good.

<object id="vid_4df02ff53831c86bc8000108" class="ign-videoplayer" width="480" height="270" data="http://media.ign.com/ev/prod/embed.swf&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash"><param name="movie" value="http://media.ign.com/ev/prod/embed.swf&quot; /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#000000" /><param name="flashvars" value="url=http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/08/e3-2011-ign-live-forza-4?objectid=77615"/></object><div style="width:480px"><a href="http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/08/e3-2011-ign-live-forza-4?objectid=77615">More Forza Motorsport 4 Videos</a></div>
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited August 2011
    Yes, all you would need is the XBL Gold sub if you already have Netflix streaming service. Before I built the media PC I used to use the Xbox as my entertainment hub.

You might need a hard drive added to an Arcade Xbox for downloading apps like Netflix, though, I didn't put anything except my gamer tag on the internal memory. I will be including the empty hard drive cage, but I put the 20GB Xbox hard drive I had into my new 360 slim.
    edited August 2011
    Looks like any FAT32 drive will be recognized by the XBOX. Let me have a look and see if I've got any spare electronics I can get rid of / find some budget for it this month. Seems like a good deal.
    edited August 2011
    Just beware that there's a firmware hack involved in using other HDDs with it, AFAIK, so it *could* be a TOS violation for XBL if MS detects it. That's why I kept the 20GB HDD for the slim, actually :(
    edited September 2011
    bump for update.
    edited September 2011
    I'm also looking to get just a power button from an ATX case.

Weird, I know.
  • LeonardoLeonardo Wake up and smell the glaciers Eagle River, Alaska Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I've got your power button. $0.10 plus shipping.

PM to you
    edited September 2011
    Thank you, sir!
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    I've got a P4 that I k left at my place when I got a cooler from him. I'll clean the thermal grease off and see if I can identify it when I get home.
  • allenpanallenpan ThunderBay, Ontario, CAnada Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    here is a better solution, get Mobile Celeron 2.4Ghz, it runs 533FSB easily, as it is mobile processor, the default voltage = 1.3, desktop board start @ 1.5, so, u get low heat, low voltage and high performance, it also has 256K L2 cache instead 128K (desktop)

2.4 @ 533FSB = 3.2Ghz

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intel-Celeron-Mobile-M-CM-2-4G-256-400-SL75J-478B-CPU-/170640715587?pt=AU_Components&hash=item27bafaaf43#ht_2583wt_958
    edited September 2011
    The BIOS doesn't actually have any selectable settings, as it is an old OEM machine, so I wouldn't be able to clock up the Celeron to 533 FSB. :(

Thanks Tushon, let me know what is under there. k mentioned it to me as well.
    edited September 2011
    pin mod....drop a copper wire inbetween the 2 pin holes
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited September 2011
    edited September 2011
    LOL, that CPU is waaaaay too good for this mobo! ;D
    edited September 2011
    seriously,

For the P4 there are BSEL pin mods.

478 Socket

400FSB to 533FSB - BSEL0 insulate AD6
    edited September 2011
    I understand what you're saying, allenpan, I was saying that the CPU Tushon linked is too good for the motherboard.

If I pin mod the FSB, is the CPU going to be recognized by BIOS, and with no voltage mod options, will it work natively? How does the PC recognize the CPU? I remember once OCing a mobile CPU in a desktop board and the PC posted with "Unknown CPU at 3200MHz" but that mobo had voltage selection options, since it wasn't OEM.
    edited September 2011
    there is no need for voltage selection

mobile = 1.3V
    desktop lowest = 1.5V

so nor matter what, you already V bumped
    edited September 2011
    I'm dropping the Mini 311 to $200 shipped within the US. I need to sell this netbook to keep the wife happy!
    edited October 2011
    I'm still trying to unload these. Make a reasonable offer, and I'll thank you.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    you still have the XBOX360?
    edited October 2011
    yup!
    edited October 2011
    GHoosdum wrote:
    yup!

hmmm

I don't know jack about XBOX Arcade. I guess the 512MB is for saved games? Is that enough?
    edited October 2011
    I honestly don't know - I had a 20GB HDD in it, but I swapped that into the 360 slim I replaced the Arcade with.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    It's probably enough for a couple of saved games, but you'll definitely see the limits of that sooner than later
    edited October 2011
    well, a 60GB is $34 on amazon

I'll let you know GHoos by the end of the weekend.
    edited October 2011
    20GB is around $20 shipped on eBay.

Thanks, Greg. If you're interested, make me an offer.
    edited October 2011
    GHoosdum wrote:
    20GB is around $20 shipped on eBay.

Thanks, Greg. If you're interested, make me an offer.

don't touch ebay with kwitko's stick....

I have plans for this 100" HD theater project I want to do this winter, which means adding consoles :wink:

but yes, I'll PM ya soon Rob
  • jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Does the 360 have the built in wifi? Can't remember when that was introduced