prcg 10125

shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
edited October 2011 in Folding@Home
anyone have a log (with frame time) for one of these units? I'm trying to see if my system is being efficient here or not...

Comments

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I don't have anything running that, but do you have a monitor (i.e. beta client or anything else if you aren't running v7) that can tell us a PPD or expected turn in time? If you are beating the preferred deadline, you are doing good.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    beta does time per frame in a weird way, so it's not accurately predicting ppd/expected turn in time. I'm trying to figure out how much gpu folding is helping/hurting.
    edited October 2011
    in my limited (one time) experience with AMD folding, it was worse, with any nvidia, it was better.

http://linuxforge.net/bonuscalc2.php may help you if you look at frame time before and after adding in GPU folding. Wait for at least 3 frames and use average
    edited October 2011
    I just dropped 2 cores from my x6 smp folding and am folding with 2x5870s. I think it ends up being a net win, but I'm trying to be sure.
    edited October 2011
    That may do it. AMD optimization was still bad last time I checked (was consuming a whole core)
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    If you have the logs and can manually pull TFP, average time for frames, simply use the f@h calculator online and start a small spread sheet with the GPUs running and then with them off.
    edited October 2011
    2 5870s add at least 15k ppd

dropping from 6 to 4 threads on the smp takes me from ~8kppd to 4.1kppd...soooooooooooo