BattleField 1942

edited October 2011 in Gaming
Anyone here play this game?
I love it thats where my De Sniper name came from and the =MBG= before it thats my clan Initials. Mikes Battle Group We play BF1942: DCF Modification free download off the internet.

Comments

• Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    most people have moved on from this game :)
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I love BF1942.
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I loved* it.... but have moved on to big and better titles...
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    TBH, Unless those games have Wake Island, they aren't better. Wake is hands down the best map ever created for large scale FPS/team based games.
  • edited November 2007
    DCF is the mod that I love to play. I dont play much of the standard game except now we do all the main game(including expansions) and DCF.

Lots of people still play this.
  • ThelemechThelemech Victoria Icrontian
    edited November 2007
    I'm downloading the demo now... with the map that BuddyJ mentioned ..no less!:D
  • maxclarkmaxclark In a hole in the ground
    edited November 2007
    TBH, Unless those games have Wake Island, they aren't better. Wake is hands down the best map ever created for large scale FPS/team based games.

Karkand and Ghost town wins my heart over...:)....how about Wake Airshow, Buddy Jesus?
  • edited November 2007
    I like El Al, Gazala and many more
  • edited August 2008
    Im still playing it and a free fps called combat arms
  • FelixDeSouzeFelixDeSouze UK New
    edited August 2008
    Not played 1941, but I recently played BF: Bad Company on 360.. Awesome game!!!!
  • Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited August 2008
    Bad Company is pretty good, I liked the fact that how everything was destrictuble...ill buy it when they drop the price, though.

1942 has some amazing maps. The three that stick out in my mind are Omaha, Wake Island, and i think it was Midway from the expansion.
    edited August 2008
    Gate28 wrote:
    Bad Company is pretty good, I liked the fact that how everything was destrictuble...ill buy it when they drop the price, though.

I also love that you can destroy pretty much everything, I tend to be a sniper and I love sniping people in the tree's, the trees just drop around them! muhahaha

Yeah, it's pretty expensive.. That's why I borrowed it until I had the spare cash! lol.
    edited August 2008
    I also love that you can destroy pretty much everything, I tend to be a sniper and I love sniping people in the tree's, the trees just drop around them! muhahaha

Yeah, it's pretty expensive.. That's why I borrowed it until I had the spare cash! lol.

Yeah, the BF games are going up in price and down in quality. I bought 2142 and play it forever, but I found myself bac playing BF2 when I was done with it. I think bad company is one of the best yet in the series, following BF2, and I think heroes is just some crap EA is putting out the be like HAI CAZUAL PLAYA WE CAREZ!

..They also know theyll make lots more with microtransactions and the BF title than they would selling a retail game. I'm skipping heroes.
    edited August 2008
    Gate28 wrote:
    Yeah, the BF games are going up in price and down in quality. I bought 2142 and play it forever, but I found myself bac playing BF2 when I was done with it. I think bad company is one of the best yet in the series, following BF2, and I think heroes is just some crap EA is putting out the be like HAI CAZUAL PLAYA WE CAREZ!

..They also know theyll make lots more with microtransactions and the BF title than they would selling a retail game. I'm skipping heroes.

Oh yeah!! I forgot all about Heroes.. Free to play? I may have to have a look into it!!!! But it doesn't look like anything special.
  • TvManPwnsTvManPwns Manitoba, Canada Member
    edited August 2008
    Im still playing it and a free fps called combat arms

Combat arms!? Tell me which server you play on and your user name!
    EDIT!! COULD KICK SOME FACE IN......

Edit: My char name is tvmanpwns ;)
    edited August 2008
    TvManPwns wrote:
    Could have some fun tag teaming..

Dude, keep your bedroom habbits to yourself ;)
    edited August 2008
    Dude, keep your bedroom habbits to yourself ;)

Umm. . . Sure :rolleyes2
    edited August 2008
    TvManPwns wrote:
    Umm. . . Sure :rolleyes2

Comon.. Humour me!!
    edited August 2008
    Comon.. Humour me!!
    :necro: NEVER!!!
    edited August 2008
    TvManPwns wrote:
    :necro: NEVER!!!
    :'(
    edited August 2008
    :'(

=*(
  • edited August 2008
    my in game name is MBGDeKiller
  • TheAlertHuskyTheAlertHusky Victoria BC Member
    edited October 2011
    Does anyone still play this game? I'd like to get in on a few games if so!
  • I havnt played it for awhile have been thinking about reinstalling even tho the graphics arent good anymore the game is still probably more fun then BF3