TF2 Halloween, Icrontic Style

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited November 2011 in Team Fortress 2
Hello Brotherhood Icrontic. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Sinister Digital and I have come to inform you of a growing infestation that is accumulating on the underside of your wonderful warring community. I come representing a client of mine who wishes to exterminate this pest. I have no doubt when I finish explaining the task at hand that you will understand my utter delight in preforming it.

While I will not explain my plan to any detail you desire, the nature of the assignment is such that I must publicize a sliver of data in hopes of rousing actions that some, myself not included, would consider... help. The seedier players among you will recognize the acronym MLP:FIM. You, yes You. You need to understand that certain members of this same community not only understood that, but glee pierced their quickened heart as they read it. We must kill them. You and I. You like that? As I explained, you will get as much pleasure out of this as I will.

My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. I am nauseated just uttering that phrase. Bronies. Ha! I don't think they even know they are a parasite. Their colony can no longer be allowed to thrive in our society. They are among us and we must weed them out. I have reached out to their leader in the past. His followers are many and they all look up to him. You will have to aim high to take him down.

Your mission is to arm up in your finest gear and join The Icrontic TF2 server on Halloween. Say...Hour 18 in The Pacific. I will arrange a 'meeting' of sorts with our victims. They will clop right into our trap and we can exterminate them at will.

What if I told you that not only will you be taking part in the genocide of Bronies but that you may receive spoils for your undertaking? You would like that, wouldn't you? Well I have sets of Halloween masks, a sampling of Strange Weapons, a couple of hats and a myriad of scrap weapons for those who lack in armory. I will give them out to players who impress me with their PKR (Pony Kills per Round) throughout the night.

Be There!

Sinister Digital

Comments

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    We come prepared.

pony_fortress.png

MLP_Vietnam_Big_Mac_resized_colored-%2528n1295717800119%2529.jpg
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wIeDeI3K-1k?rel=0&quot; allowfullscreen="" width="560" frameborder="0" height="315"></iframe>.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited October 2011
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    ;D
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I'm not sure which side of this I fall on now...
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I stand with the brethren of the pony, but I will be otherwise occupied on Halloween. I'll try and convince some ICOK attendees to get in on the bloodshed.
  • ScratchScratch Florida, USA
    edited October 2011

Heads up.

Insanity is upon us.

We'll include the Halloween map cycle file that we're going to be using on about 70% of our Valve servers, so you can have an example for how you might want to configure your servers.

Your humble servant,
    Fletch
    Looks like the Halloween patch is coming tonight. :rockon:
  • ScratchScratch Florida, USA
    edited October 2011
    Required updates for Team Fortress 2 are now available. The specific changes include:

- Halloween 2011 Event
    - Viaduct has been haunted and is now... Eyeaduct!
    - One full multi-piece costume set has been added for each class
    - Random gifts containing costume pieces drop in Eyeaduct on registered servers
    - 2 new Halloween 2011 achievements
    - Any unusual hats uncrated during the event will be Halloween-themed
    - New Halloween-themed items are available in the Mann Co. store, but only for a limited time!
    - Updated effects for The Cow Mangler 5000
    - Updated in-game abuse reporting tool to include option for reporting abusive game servers
    - Added mapcycle_halloween containing all Halloween event maps
    - Fixed team colors and styles not updating properly in store previews
    - Fixed bug in reputation trend status display for registered servers
    - Fixed a problem that could cause repeated stutters after joining a server
    - Fixed the Spine-Chilling Skull not appearing when equipped by soldiers
    - New Halloween-themed community-created items submitted to the Workshop are now available in the Mann Co. store!

Jason
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    ....so all of those costume sets are only available to purchase or find DURING the event.

And they are only wearable DURING the Halloween event, or during a full moon. Timed-event items that only work either during halloween, or ONE DAY PER MONTH. The real shame? Most of these look excellent.

This year's Spine-Chilling Skull also pales in comparison to last year's, even if it does offer more styles.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    So, I'm glad I took the time to pre-emptively check if I could play the Halloween map. Turns out my install was wonky and kept erroring out. I didn't even have the map in my maps folder.

In any case, if folks are looking to crank up for Monday, I'll be playing a good portion of the weekend.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    Come!

-Digi
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    I arrived. I'm pretty sure rather late. I enjoyed some heavy boxing. Overall not what i was expecting but still it was fun!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Had a good time tonight! Thanks, Digi!
    edited November 2011
    Good times and great hits (I punched out a lot of people)
    Great success Digi!
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I missed this because I suck :(

Spent the evening working late and napping, recovering from ICOK. Didn't realize this was scheduled for today until it was over.

I miss IC TF2
    edited November 2011
    IT was a good night. Got a lot of pubs once I set it to the Halloween map.

Though with a lot of pubs it was hard to organize anything and give anything away.

If you were on tonight and could use something strange or some Halloween masks, just let me know!

-Digi
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    If you have anything in particular for Demoman I'd be happy. All I got from those presents where the Scout's Halloween "boots"
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Man, I still never got a present.

Stupid pho :(
    edited November 2011
    RahnalH102 wrote:
    If you have anything in particular for Demoman I'd be happy. All I got from those presents where the Scout's Halloween "boots"

Only thing I have to offer right now that falls into that would be a Strange Pain Train. If that would be at all useful to you, it is yours!

Pacifisto wrote:
    Man, I still never got a present.

Stupid pho :(

We'll have to change that ;) What's your top 3 classes?

-Digi
    edited November 2011
    I'd say don't worry about it, but if you really want to, I play most scout, soldier, spy.
    edited November 2011
    Pacifisto wrote:
    I'd say don't worry about it, but if you really want to, I play most scout, soldier, spy.

I can supply the Halloween shoes for the Scout if you want.
    Quoting BobbyDigi
    Only thing I have to offer right now that falls into that would be a Strange Pain Train. If that would be at all useful to you, it is yours!
    Hmm well I do use Demoman and Soldier. I don't think I would use it that much though so thanks for offering but no.
    edited November 2011
    Since they're Halloween exclusive (right?), I'm not too worried about it. They'd just sit in my backpack.
    edited November 2011
    I was under the impression that you could continue to wear the whole set if you had the whole set. However I heard that ingame so I don't know if it's true. Take it with a grain o' salt.
    edited November 2011
    RahnalH102 wrote:
    I was under the impression that you could continue to wear the whole set if you had the whole set. However I heard that ingame so I don't know if it's true. Take it with a grain o' salt.

Until today I was under the impression that the Haunted items were going to be available year round as long as you were wearing the entire haunted set. You may have heard me on the server saying this. As of today the TF2 Wiki says:
    There is no difference between Unique and Haunted items except for the name, which is purely cosmetic.

Me thinks we will only know for sure after the Halloween event is over.

-Digi
    edited November 2011
    Ah, that makes sense. Well I'll take anything you'd like to offer. Why not?
    edited November 2011
    I Got you a Spy Halloween Costume Pacifisto. Hit me up next time you are on Steam.

:-D

-Digi
    edited November 2011
    You're the best!
    edited November 2011
    achievement_unlocked_by_don_komandorr-d4f6phc.jpg