What race are you going to be in Skyrim?

Comments

• I-need-a-better-nameI-need-a-better-name Austin Member
    edited November 2011
    I hate everybody who's already playing with the fury of a thousand SUNS!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Andy, are you using the Dark theme?
    edited November 2011
    Andy, are you using the Dark theme?
    I'm using forum default.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    That's not normal. Can you take a screenshot?
    edited November 2011
    That's not normal. Can you take a screenshot?
    Bah! It's working today. That's hateful. Let me check in Chrome.
    EDIT: Sorry about that. It's working in both Chrome and FF.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I started an Orc duel wielding axe maniac. So far, so good.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Khajiit right now. Already upped myself two stealth levels.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    NORD.

Can I dual-wield maces? That'd be sweet.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    A mace is a one handed weapon so yes you can.
  • FitzkriegFitzkrieg British Columbia
    edited December 2011
    Can I dual-wield maces? That'd be sweet.

Indeed you can, Dual maces got me through the tutorial.

I'm currently an Argonian assassin named Nrvnqsr (pronounced 'Nero'). Dual daggers all the way, man (particularly with the 'Sneak Attacks with Daggers do 15x damage' perk).
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    still can't decide between Redguard and Imperial
    edited November 2011
    Once you go Redguard...
    edited November 2011
    To answer my own question, definitely a Dunmer mage. Dual wielding is way too fun for my own good.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Dark Elf female; Working on destruction, one handed weapons, stealth, and lockpicking, with archery on the side.

The two handed combat system is pretty awesome. A fire or lightning spell in my right hand, sword in the left. Something big comes along? Double the fire/lightning. Something really big? Pull out the trusty old bow to whittle them down.

Seems like Jimmy wanted to be as cool as...

THIS GUY!!!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    edited November 2011
    Anybody finding that only having two attacks at your disposal at any one time is kind of... limiting your play style?
  • rolleggrollrolleggroll Next to a bowl of rice
    edited November 2011
    Snarkasm wrote:
    Anybody finding that only having two attacks at your disposal at any one time is kind of... limiting your play style?

It really depends on your playstyle. Two attacks are enough for my Khajiit to punch things in their nuts.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Snarkasm wrote:

Yes. I want a better way to switch spells on my mage.
    edited November 2011
    I guess I'm used to Dragon Age and Mass Effect now - always planning out my sequence of attacks - first overload, then warp, then reave, or first confuse, then backstab, then twin fangs, etc. It just feels weird to blast fire for a bit, then swing your sword, then back to fire...

Maybe I can make a macro to quickly switch setups.
    edited November 2011
    I'm playing with my xbox controller on the pc because the fast switch system is less unwieldy on it. I prefer the mouse and keyboard but after a while the 360 controller becomes second nature.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Yeah i am playing with the xbox controller as well and the fast switch system combined with the favorites is making it easy to have a bow for ranged, then fire and mace for up close. After damage i can switch to healing momentarily and then back to bow.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    So I made my Nord, running around in Iron Armour hefting a Steel Greatsword around. I might think about something more defensive later but killing enemies in one swing is just too good. I haven't used any spells yet beyond killing the Overlord at the first shout temple thing.

I should be further, but those rabbits they just won't let my arrows hit them. Well that and the RPG element is so fun I spent around 3 hours in Whiterun just running around talking to villagers and trying to find more quests.

The game is far more than I could've asked for, definitely exceeded my expectations.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Ilriyas wrote:
    I should be further, but those rabbits they just won't let my arrows hit them. Well that and the RPG element is so fun I spent around 3 hours in Whiterun just running around talking to villagers and trying to find more quests.

The game is far more than I could've asked for, definitely exceeded my expectations.

Same here. I've been meaning to do this main quest mission for a while now but I just keep discovering new areas and side quests on my way.
    edited November 2011
    I ended getting swept up in the main quest pretty quickly but as soon as I found the mage college I was out. There is actually narrative in all the quest lines! I love this game.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    How do you enable the fast switch? (keyboard\mouse)

Please don't tell me it is TAB
    edited November 2011
    Says how in the manual. Don't have it on me but it involves the X key plus number keys.
    edited November 2011
    I'm more interested in crafting this time around. I'm tempted to grind a little while until I can make armor I can't find. I started making armor just because it was cheaper and money was tight.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    You have to favorite an item or spell in the menu. Then you can press Q which will open up a list of everything you favorited. You can even switch out armors with this. Q pauses the game while you decide what to equip from your favorites.
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Gargoyle wrote:
    I'm more interested in crafting this time around. I'm tempted to grind a little while until I can make armor I can't find. I started making armor just because it was cheaper and money was tight.

Crafting is so awesome. Made my whole set of Dwarven armor. I'm keeping all the dragon bones and scales too because I got a feeling those are used to make dragon armor.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Already re-rolling to be a pure magic character. Decided I didn't care about stealth at all ^^
    edited November 2011
    shwaip wrote:
    Already re-rolling to be a pure magic character. Decided I didn't care about stealth at all ^^

I have a pure mage dark elf focusing on destruction and now alteration and I'm likely doing quests above my level (9) because I barely made it through the Dwemer ruins I just had to explore. My poor Lydia has to tank for me and I've almost lost her a number of times.