Skyrim review roll up

I-need-a-better-nameI-need-a-better-name Austin Member
edited November 2011 in Gaming
I'm feeling like an idiot for getting Amazon's launch day delivery rather than going through Steam and being able to play tonight.

Comments

• TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    All of this makes me happy.

I am going to be so tired for work tomorrow. Damn meetings I need to attend.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Icrontic: 9/10

I dunno. Just as easy to make it up. That's what it'll be anyway.
    edited November 2011
    I should have, as a commentary on the state of game reviews, just completely fabricated a comprehensive review, and given it a 9/10. I can almost guarantee that no one would have known the difference.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    edited November 2011
    IGN 9.5/10
    VGW Buy it!
    Honestly is anyone at all surprised by any of these reviews?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I should have, as a commentary on the state of game reviews, just completely fabricated a comprehensive review, and given it a 9/10. I can almost guarantee that no one would have known the difference.

Please do this for the PC release of Arkham City for mega lols.
  • I-need-a-better-nameI-need-a-better-name Austin Member
    edited November 2011
    The numbers really mean jack shit to me. With this review I'm looking for how it evolved from Oblivion and what is better or worse than Oblivion. Looks like they improved what most bothered people and made the game really immersive and that's a damn good thing for me because I'm going to be playing just Skyrim for the next few months with a number of characters.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I stopped paying attention to those reviewers when they started handing out 10/10 to any game that only had a good multiplayer and an incredibly shitty single player. Halo - Call of Duty - Gears of War etc.
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I think most people knew within a minute of this being annouced if they would be buying it or not, reviews just don't matter.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    One good thing about living in a country town like mine, is that I don't have to worry about pre-ordering the game to have it available (I openly detest Gamestop). So I'll definitely be nabbing it at retail tomorrow, since I -really- want to experience the visuals and framerate of this game on my 360. Honestly, my comp just won't be up to snuff to really see things how the developers intended. Besides- by the time I finally get the money to get a new comp built, there will be a wealth of mods for me to peruse.

Plus my girl will love playing it more on the 360, anyway.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    My god, I need to get done with Dark Souls.
    edited November 2011
    Dark Souls was great fun and it's combat is better overall then Skyrims. But I still traded it in for Skyrim. 1 hr into Skyrim I don't regret that decision at all.
  • TheLostSwedeTheLostSwede Trondheim, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    2 hours into the game and i will put it on the shelf until something can be done to the UI and menu's. This is the PC version with keyboard and mouse.
  • I-need-a-better-nameI-need-a-better-name Austin Member
    edited November 2011
    I feel bad for the PC users who are having control issues. I decided to play with the 360 controller after hearing about other people's frustration with the controls and I'm glad I did. I've been enjoying the game a lot and been really immersed in to.
    Has anybody else noticed a distinctly Morrowindesque look about the armor? When I saw the Redguard at the beginning who didn't care if I was on the list or not I thought she might be a descendent of someone I murdered back in the Summerset Isles. Also, I'm a mage but I'm having trouble avoiding the other skills like smithing and alchemy because they're so accessible and rewarding. I'm already feeling a bit OP due to my awesome companion, though, and I'm only level 3.

Needless to say, I'm loving Skyrim. I scheduled a week of vacation for this mofo and that might not be enough!
    edited November 2011
    Bunch of bitchy PC users. Works great on a console.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    kryyst wrote:
    Bunch of bitchy PC users. Works great on a console.

Well yeah, but as with everything PC once those driver updates come out...and then those mods PC Skyrim is going to overshoot the console version by miles. (Skyrim MLP mod anyone? Still want to see how they're planning to do it.)
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I don't understand, I have no problem using the UI. I did disable the "360 controller" option in settings though...
    edited November 2011
    I have had no troubles with the UI. I DID have trouble with the game crashing every time I pick up a salt pile, though... :wtf:
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    The UI is known to be buggy for some users on the PC version. A patch is coming.