Another TF2 Loading Problem

I've been kind of iffy about installing Steam and downloading TF2 for a while on my "new" computer, but Steam seemed to work well, and Team Fortress 2 didn't have any problems when downloading.

I go to load the game once it's finished, and it started out swell, the opening "preparing Team Fortress 2" window came up, all that jazz. However, once it took me to the Valve window, the game closed on me. I've no idea what's going on; I've tried updating my video and graphics card, but the "display devices" section on my system doesn't come up. Can this heap of junk not play TF2?

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    You don't have a "display adapters" section in Device Manager? It should be the fourth item down from the top.
  • edited November 2011
    Fourth one down is the HID.
    edited November 2011
    Can you just take a screenshot of your device manager for us? Upload it to imgur.com
    edited November 2011
    Alrighty, you don't have GPU drivers installed. Your graphics card is one of the question marks in the "other devices" section. What kind of computer do you have?
  • edited November 2011
    Thank you so much!
    I'm almost positive this is a custom (my brother put it together); it's got a T1350 processor (GI) @ 1.86 GH, but just in case it isn't a custom, the shell says it's an HP pavillion slimline s7620n PC.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    On a side note, you have the greatest username ever.

Looks like you have an integrated GeForce 6150LE.

I can't say how well it will play TF2 (integrated graphics from that era were not... great), but your drivers will most likely be these:

NVIDIA 285.58 WHQL for Windows XP.
  • edited November 2011
    Thanks! [Kind of a big Harry Partridge fan]
    You are extremely Holy right now; I've been looking for the driver I needed.
    Yeah, I'm sure it won't be the best, but it's better than nothing!