League of Legends anyone?

Comments

• SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited October 2011
    But he pooled out.
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    So I'm progressing through LoL at a fairly decent rate. I think I've mastered Nasus and am working on Gangplank and Nidalee with Alistar coming soon. However the connection around here has started dying so I'm sticking to AI fights till it's better. Looking forward to playing with you all real soon!
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    LoLdrunkWOMBOCOMBO.png
  • SpencerForHireSpencerForHire Clawson, MI
    edited October 2011
    Some people just don't know when they've lost...

ZGQRm.jpg

This being a game where they were at our base doorstep at about 12 minutes in telling us it was GG and there was nothing we could do.
    edited October 2011
    "some people just don't know when to quit."

That was a glorious win, one of my all time favorites. Look at that chat. So butthurt.
  • FitzkriegFitzkrieg British Columbia
    edited October 2011
    So I just got this game, but it really isn't much fun without friends.

Mind if I tag along on a LoL excursion sometime, assuming you don't mind a really scrubby Mordekaiser on your team?
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    As long as you blood pool it'll be k.
  • FitzkriegFitzkrieg British Columbia
    edited December 2011
    As long as you blood pool it'll be k.
    As long as I what now?

I've played like 5 matches, I don't know the lingo.

Also, my username is DasFitzkrieg
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    My friend FINALLY got me to try this last night.

I've found I'm actually pretty good with Nunu, especially in late-game if I get my ultimate going with a friend around to take advantage of it.

Still trying to work out my buy order, but I think I'm getting better.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited October 2011
    You'll both want to check out guides from the following sites:
    mobafire.com
    leaguecraft.com
    solomid.net

The search functions are different for each site, but what I look for is recently updated ("freshness", patch date, and "days since update" respectively), and high overall votes/comments ("score", "rating", and only a comment count/approved note, respectively). All mobofire guides and the good leaguecraft guides have a section at the top with a quick reference for build order, skill order, masteries and summoner spells. What I would do if I was new to this game is don't buy any champions yet, just try the different free ones and play one practice game before going into queue so you have some idea bout how their abilities work.

This has a two-fold advantage: you know what your character is capable of (in terms of killing, escaping, and farming) and you also know what your opponent can do (so you don't solo Yi, know that Ez is almost always going to get away, and never stand right behind your tower to "b" [return to base] because there are too many champs that can tower dive you or use their ult to kill you).

My in game name is the same as forum and I don't mind playing with newbies as long as you listen when we (just the guys who have more games played, not necessarily better) let you know about how a particular mechanic works or what went wrong in a fight/how it could go better. Nothing is worse than a newbie to a complicated game who won't listen to advice (personally, I like it when people tell me who I could have done better in a fight)
    edited November 2011
    placing_mushrooms_with_teemo.png
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Teemo is so sad. I feel for him. EZ is a frat boy bastard
    edited November 2011
    I believe this was relevant to Spence yesterday:

tumblr_lpf94ri4vl1qmh3eco1_500.png

Also, this is for Preacher, an example of Taric irl:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zUh_tg6VPNU&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    LOL...it is him. I wonder why he isn't wearing his pink gems. It would go so much better with the dancing girls.
    edited November 2011
    attachment.php?attachmentid=29449&stc=1&d=1320661863

So the other team decided to go for the kill after taking out two of our team in the jungle, while skarner + ali Backdoor'd their nexus, I ended up 1v4ing their team under our nexus towers. I felt like a boss.
  • I-need-a-better-nameI-need-a-better-name Austin Member
    edited November 2011
    I'm level 30, about 1300 Elo and this is my LoL retirement week. As soon as Skyrim comes out I'm ditching League for it and I doubt I'll return. (Kinda sick of it right now.)
    Anyway, I'll gladly create a smurf for y'all noobs or queue with people for dual ranked or whatever. I've been up to about 1400 Elo but I've had some seriously shitty games lately and I'm a bit disillusioned. I like to play support or jungle (I really prefer to play Soraka and go nuts but that might not be what's best for low level play.)
    Also, I work with Lynx so we're homies. Add GlandyOver in game if you want to get some games on and help me retire in style.
    edited November 2011
    Dude, you really need a better name.
  • I-need-a-better-nameI-need-a-better-name Austin Member
    edited November 2011
    Every time I play I'm reminded why I'm looking forward to being done with this game. Every damn time.
    edited November 2011
    Well that didn't take long:

Eh9dy.jpg
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Well that didn't take long:

Eh9dy.jpg

Lol too true...well at least we finally get a water user, even if it is that damned alien bunny thing anyone remember Urf the Manatee? They cancelled him as a champ because he was 'too ridiculous'...and Stitch isn't??

I didn't expect a LoL thread here but hey as long as I'm on

ID: Ilriyas the mage

I don't have an ELO, I don't play ranked but that's probably because my current group doesn't. I do however like to think of myself as a 'good player.' If I do play with any of you however I'll leave you guys to judge.
    edited November 2011
    Added you!
    edited November 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:
    Added you!
    tumblr_lmt3qdRJXT1qafrh6.jpg
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/EbIx0dGY7B0&quot; allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

Never give up! I'm pretty sure I'll be singing this when I get a in a bind on LoL from now on.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    So. I bought Fiddledicks as a champion with influence points today, since I got to try him, and I actually enjoyed playing as him.

My friend is pissed at me. He HAAAATES this character.

(Also, add BHHammy ingame if you'd like. That's me.)
  • cherplunkacherplunka Sunnyvale, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Urf the manatee was an april fool's joke. I don't think they ever seriously meant to push him through as a real champion.
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I miss urf.
    edited November 2011
    Garen.jpgNumber1EZ.jpg
  • ghbutlerghbutler Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    edited November 2011
    Hey everyone! My name is Grant, and I'm new to Icrontic. As you can see, my friend Ilriyas posted our scores of LoL in the above post. I'm pretty sure you can tell who I am in those games. Anyways, I hope to get to enjoy this website as much as you all have.

Cheers!

ghbutler
    edited November 2011
    attachment.php?attachmentid=29477&stc=1&d=1321164007

Nuff said
    edited November 2011
    You guys going to be playing some more games tonight?