Desert Bus for Hope 2011

UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA:Redwood City, CA Icrontian
edited November 2011 in Gaming

Comments

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    It's easily one of the most brilliant and admirable things anyone has ever done with the power of the internet not to mention it's highly entertaining. Dat bus.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Dat Caramelldansen.
    edited November 2011
    The team just hit $211,000 dollars, beating out last year's massive total. They've still got at least two days to go.

It took everyone jumping up and down yelling PONY GLUE to rally the chat and donate the final five grand to break last year's total within five minutes.
  • FitzkriegFitzkrieg British Columbia
    edited November 2011
    LoadingReadyRun are an awesome group. I'm proud to say that I share a city with them.

It's good to see the Bus-ing is going so well this year.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    The people involved in Desert Bus for hope are heroes in so many ways. Really is a great thing they're doing.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I managed to survive in chat for about 4 hours under the name "eatadickclown" and they only kicked me from chat after I had announced I was leaving and was about to close out. :D

Also, somehow they got my challenge to dance to dance to She's a Pony by Wooden Toaster.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    My favorite part of that is that WHILE they were singing a song you can here someone say, "Is that guy's name Eat a dick clown?" "Yeah, banhammer that guy."
    edited September 2012
    It's 2AM PST. For UPS Kingpin, it's 5AM local time. What were we staying awake for?

For Kingpin's legendary donation challenge. Most of you have heard us bust out the Flava Flav YEAH BOYYEEEE when we jump on vent. Kingpin got the entire LRR crew to yell it while wearing clocks and such. It was incredible:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/m4DSVKj40EM

Also, legendary night tonight because of the chat trolling post Pony stream. I don't know how Cola managed to get away with a name like "eatadickclown" while talking smack then entire time, while I get BANNED for saying "Mods are asleep - poast ponies!"

So, achievement unlocked - first desert bus ban, I guess. Got back in, though, so it was K.
    edited November 2011
    I should also add - Cola was the one who directly replied to the mod that banned me and appealed my ban WITH the "eatadickclown" username, and he STILL DIDN'T GET A BAN.

Haters gonna hate.
  • TheAlertHuskyTheAlertHusky Victoria BC Member
    edited November 2011
    Hey look it's that crazy group of comedians that live just down the street of me :D
    edited November 2011
    If you guys aren't watching Desert Bus, you are SERIOUSLY missing out on some of the finest, most exciting entertainment available on the internet right now.

Moments ago, they auctioned off a full, uncut sheet of Magic The Gathering Instraad foil RARES. Upon opening bids, it quickly hit $5,000. Two or three people were locked in this massive bid war.

Suddenly, NOTCH.

Notch joins the chat and asks "how do I bid?" The chat starts going NUTS. Notch tried to bid $6,000 but he couldn't as he wasn't voiced in chat yet (able to bid). So to troll, the top bidder pushed his bid up to $5,996. Since the bids have to increase by $5, he blocked Notch from going $6,000. The chat exploded at this.

Notch gets voiced, and he throws down a bid of $6,500. The other guys immediately dropped out - not that they couldn't roll with sixty five hundred dollars, but because everyone knew that no one in chat had pockets deep enough to beat Notch.

So it was Notch's loot, and everyone starts to encourage him to SPACE BID. Space Bidding is where an auction leader out-bids themselves just for lulz. So a confused Notch asked what Space Bid was. The chat quickly explained it, then suddenly, SPACE BID. Notch threw down TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS on the sheet. Everyone was frigging NUTS. It was unreal. A massive, massive new single auction total record.

They gave it to him for $10,000, then upon his request, the entire room riverdanced to dubstep.

Unreal. This whole thing is simply incredible.
    edited November 2011
    UPSLynx wrote:
    If you guys aren't watching Desert Bus, you are SERIOUSLY missing out on some of the finest, most exciting entertainment available on the internet right now.

Moments ago, they auctioned off a full, uncut sheet of Magic The Gathering Instraad foil RARES. Upon opening bids, it quickly hit $5,000. Two or three people were locked in this massive bid war.

Suddenly, NOTCH.

Notch joins the chat and asks "how do I bid?" The chat starts going NUTS. Notch tried to bid $6,000 but he couldn't as he wasn't voiced in chat yet (able to bid). So to troll, the top bidder pushed his bid up to $5,996. Since the bids have to increase by $5, he blocked Notch from going $6,000. The chat exploded at this.

Notch gets voiced, and he throws down a bid of $6,500. The other guys immediately dropped out - not that they couldn't roll with sixty five hundred dollars, but because everyone knew that no one in chat had pockets deep enough to beat Notch.

So it was Notch's loot, and everyone starts to encourage him to SPACE BID. Space Bidding is where an auction leader out-bids themselves just for lulz. So a confused Notch asked what Space Bid was. The chat quickly explained it, then suddenly, SPACE BID. Notch threw down TEN THOUSAND DOLLARS on the sheet. Everyone was frigging NUTS. It was unreal. A massive, massive new single auction total record.

They gave it to him for $10,000, then upon his request, the entire room riverdanced to dubstep.

Unreal. This whole thing is simply incredible.

Goodlord how do I get into this chat!!!!????!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    MUST DONATE MONIEZ
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Watch the thing and click the live chat button thingy
    edited November 2011
    cola wrote:
    Watch the thing and click the live chat button thingy

Lol I just realized. :b Thanks though man!

*bro-hoof*
    edited November 2011
    Cola is WEAK SAUCE. It's 2AM and he's going to bed.
    edited November 2011
    And here we are.

Desert Bus 5 ended a minute ago. Final donated total: $376,253.01. Unbelievable.

I was bummed that I couldn't donate very much this year because of being laid off, but as a result, I got to watch almost the entire event. It is such a bittersweet moment, now, because you become close to these people. The people in the chat, and the people on the video stream become a sort of family. Every single moment of each day, these people are interacting with you as a viewer. And now, that's it until next year.

I seriously have withdrawal for a few days after this ends. I'll miss it, but what a fun ride it's been.
    edited November 2011
    t210768_i-know-that-feel.png

It's honestly a really weird feeling.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I don't think I ever watched the stream at the same time you guys did. Unless you have different handles for Twitch/JTV.
    edited November 2011
    I had it running pretty much 5 days straight. Still missed a lot.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nM6NBGpWErA&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    edited November 2011
    I was logged into the chat at almost all times of each day. UPSLynx as normal. mostly lurked though, I didn't type much until the late evenings.