When and How did you discover Icrontic?

Comments

• colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep
    edited November 2011
    After buying TF2 (but not having a computer with the specs to run it) my friends informed me that they'd played on the greatest TF2 server ever, and that they had showed them the magic of Fishhead McKenzie. After I finally got a rig that could run it, the rest became history. (I believe I joined the forums officially in '09, strange that I didn't know there was an actual website for the longest time)
  • ChemriofChemriof Soviet Scotland
    edited November 2011
    Pretending to be a Scotsman on a tf2 server.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI
    edited November 2011
    I'll take credit for the Fishheads :p
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf-
    edited November 2011
    Rob (GHoosdum) was telling me about this Icrontic site, and how it got defaced or hacked or something, and a few members of that now destroyed site were making a new community. I liked the idea of being in on the beginning of a new community, since everything else I'd been doing on the internet, I never seemed to fit in because everyone else in the community was already established. It was an opportunity to be a sort of charter member, and that was appealing, even if I didn't really know the people yet. It was a bonus that it was a community who were really into building PCs, which I was into at the time, and a super bonus that they turned out to be such great dudes.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou
    edited November 2011
    Aranyic wrote:
    I joined sometime in early 2001. Would have been right around the Apu's Hardware to Icrontic change. I was getting an Abit KT7 for my first computer build while I was in high school. It was THE place for info at the time.

ah yes, I had a KT7-Raid and later a KT7A-Raid. Icrontic WAS the place for everything concerning that motherboard.

I think the folding@home team back then kept me hanging around a lot
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX
    edited November 2011
    About 4 years ago while part of another Awesome Power Community, Pirateninja, the guy that hosted the site, AKA Primesuspect, came on one day and said "Oh hey, you guys play TF2? You should play on our server!"

That day my Icrontic journey began.

-Digi
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI
    edited November 2011
    Came for hardware debugging via an OG friend of mine from college. This was back in... '04 or so. I lurked for a while after that, then just fell in and joined discussions.
  • PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan
    edited November 2011
    Error, Quady and I found the "crazy drunk people" server on TF2, and it was on our favorites within the hour. Took us a month or so to go to the site - Quady first, then me and Error. Never looked back. (This might be the summer we show at EPIC! Maybe.)
  • EMTEMT Seattle, WA
    edited November 2011
    fatcat wrote:
    ah yes, I had a KT7-Raid and later a KT7A-Raid. Icrontic WAS the place for everything concerning that motherboard.

There was something called Paul's KT7 Guide hosted on Icrontic circa 2000, IIRC. I must've had to ask some questions about it or something. It was the first computer I built.
  • ButtersButters CA
    edited November 2011
    Once upon a time Icrontic had renegade Counter-Strike coverage. A kick arse not 100% law-compliant must-have downloads section. Over-the-top OCers and egotastic Abit Motherboard fanboys. <3 Ghetto-fabulous hardware 8====D.
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI
    edited November 2011
    Blame Magic.

My first event was Oktoberfest 2008, and I fell in love with the people of this unique and inviting community. Some great friendships evolved.
    edited November 2011
    Your first appearance at ICHQ was bringing me a strawberry pie on my birthday!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA
    edited November 2011
    I was a stalker back in the Apus Hardware days and I stuck around to help learn about the latest technology. After reading about the KT7, I chose to buy the KG7-RAID board and then joined Icrontic after being very happy with the KG7... that was 2002 and I chose QCH2002 as my user name. I was here for Icrontic, the crash, Short-Media's birth (ID#167), and then the re-birth/ merge with Icrontic.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri
    edited November 2011
    Blame Winfrey.

I'm actually pretty happy with the quality of people I have introduced to Icrontic. Even Koreish :tongue: <3 B-Rad.
  • GnomeWizarddGnomeWizardd Member 4 Life Akron, PA
    edited November 2011
    Ran across the site when I was working on a PC back when I was 16. Now I am 28 and Still here. Sigh how time fly's!
  • WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI
    edited November 2011
    Your first appearance at ICHQ was bringing me a strawberry pie on my birthday!

It was not an official Icrontic event, but it was an amazing celebration. I won Brian's heart over with that pie. Brian and I danced at a bar where Reggie's band played, and I also came up with my WagsFTW username at Original Pancake House. ;)
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL
    edited November 2011
    CBDroege and GHoosdum were longtime S-M/Icrontic users and I went to Highschool with them. In 2003 they finally got me to sign up.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO
    edited November 2011
    Blame Winfrey.

Winfrey is the plague spreader of Icrontic Influenza.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO
    edited November 2011
    Winfrey wrote:
    I'm actually pretty happy with the quality of people I have introduced to Icrontic. Even Koreish :tongue: <3 B-Rad.

You also brought in Idiot_Slayer and Cafran though they don't post anymore.
  • edited November 2011
    Koreish wrote:
    You also brought in Idiot_Slayer and Cafran though they don't post anymore.

That does bring down the quality of winfrey's recommended people quite a bit.
    edited November 2011
    I miss the brothers Farrell. What the hell happened to them?
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri
    edited November 2011
    I miss the brothers Farrell. What the hell happened to them?

Still being dicks :P

They're around, just not on Icrontic much. I want to try and get them to EPIC once, they'd have a blast.
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London?
    edited November 2011
    I stumbled upon Icrontic magically while playing TF2 a year or so back. Thanks to the warm community (namely Preacher and others) I finally got on the forums a few months ago.
  • CharshieCharshie Hollywood, California
    edited November 2011
    I friend-stalked Thracks here and stayed for the lols. Too many awesome people not to. :3
  • ThraxThrax Professional Shill, Watch Slut, Mumble Hivemind Drone Austin, TX
    edited November 2011
    Charshie wrote:
    I friend-stalked Thracks here and stayed for the lols. Too many awesome people not to. :3

You are my anti-anchor, dear Charlotte. <3
  • CharshieCharshie Hollywood, California
    edited November 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    You are my anti-anchor, dear Charlotte. <3

Yay, I'm a balloon! :D *floats*
  • edited November 2011
    Did someone mention helium ships? Where be the pirates?!
    edited November 2011
    BALLOON! Awwww! A NEW TERM IS COINED!
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1
    edited November 2011
    Uplifting thread.
  • DogSoldierDogSoldier The heart of radical Amish country..
    edited November 2011
    I found this place in 2004 through a promotional tie-in with a local strip club.