DC Universe: Free to Play

IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy CanadianToronto, Ontario Icrontian
edited December 2011 in Gaming
http://www.dcuniverseonline.com/free/
Two words

HOLY CRAP

Seriously I've been wanting to play this game forever now that its free I can't bloody wait.

Totally going to make a Batman clone.

Comments

• Gate28Gate28 Orlando, Florida Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    I made a Deadpool clone on accident. Except my Deadpool clone lights himself on fire.

The game is alright, its pretty obvious why it went F2P. So few powers to pick from and only 30 levels, and it seems like very little endgame content. But hey, its a PS3 MMO, so that something, right...right?
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Its DC and that's good enough for me!
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    How did you make a Deadpool clone with a DC game? Unless you went with a Deathstroke clone which is like Deadpool but without teleportation.

Or the ability to break the fourth wall.
  • ShortyShorty Manchester, UK Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    For those who haven't looked at this game, is this now worth a look? :)
    edited November 2011
    Shorty wrote:
    For those who haven't looked at this game, is this now worth a look? :)

Yeah take a look, it's pretty fresh as far as MMOs go, but theres really not much substance once you get past level 10 or so.
    edited December 2011
    So...DC Universe isn't as fun as my brain imagined it would be. (And that's a lot if, like me you've read almost every Batman Comic)

Was fun for about a week...then I hit level 15 and the Batman quest things stopped entertaining me.

So I started looking around for another free MMO, and then I found that City of Heroes (A game I've been wanting to play since I got a free copy of City of Villains when I picked up my pre-order of Company of Heroes way back when, but couldn't because I had no way to pay the subscription) has been free since June 20th.

Goodbye DCU HELLO OVERPOWERED SUPERWORLD!!!!
    edited December 2011
    Ilriyas wrote:
    So...DC Universe isn't as fun as my brain imagined it would be. (And that's a lot if, like me you've read almost every Batman Comic)

Was fun for about a week...then I hit level 15 and the Batman quest things stopped entertaining me.

So I started looking around for another free MMO, and then I found that City of Heroes (A game I've been wanting to play since I got a free copy of City of Villains when I picked up my pre-order of Company of Heroes way back when, but couldn't because I had no way to pay the subscription) has been free since June 20th.

Goodbye DCU HELLO OVERPOWERED SUPERWORLD!!!!

I started playing CoH again since it went free. Hit me up on Freedom server.
    edited December 2011
    Sure thing!...except I don't know the name of your character XD
    edited December 2011
    my global is @gate28, im on right now! toon name is Esoteric Cleric
    edited December 2011
    I'd love to log on right now XD but its like 3:00am, shoot me a message over steam tomorrow (If the id at the time is {IC} Ilriyas, if not its my brother) and you can run around killing things while I sit around and watch :P
    edited December 2011
    Ilriyas wrote:
    I'd love to log on right now XD but its like 3:00am, shoot me a message over steam tomorrow (If the id at the time is {IC} Ilriyas, if not its my brother) and you can run around killing things while I sit around and watch :P

Sounds like a plan
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    is anybody still playing? i just started, both on ps3 and pc... (4 free character instead of only 2!)
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Y U NECRO!?

Also I tried playing a few months back and it was enjoyable to a point. I stopped after only a couple weeks. Though I am paying for the All-Access so I could very easily be persuaded to start playing again.
    oni_dels
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited November 2013
    Bah, it's only a 2 year necro. That's smalltime. There was a 10 year necro pretty recently.

Content!

I was in the beta for DCUO and while it was interesting, it was kind of 'ehh' (not quite 'meh'). F2P makes it more interesting, but for the reasons listed above.

I'm interested in CoH as F2P, though. It always intrigued me, but I'm averse to gaming subscriptions because I tend to play in fits and starts sometimes with a month or more between play sessions (or like now where my main system has been down since September).
    oni_dels
  • oni_delsoni_dels Drunk French Canadian Montréal, Québec. Icrontian
    is there a badge for that? /looks around