The "what phone is coming next?" thread

Comments

• TrumandrummerTrumandrummer Taylor Michigan Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    More and more rumors on the GNex Release...

I wish I had the money to just order an unlocked one.

Supposedly this thursday (15th) is the next possible release date, but who knows. The 15th is only two days away, and still not one single announcement or advertisement from VZW. Could they really release this phone silently? Other rumors suggest a Dec 20-22 or even after Christmas release date.

Waiting until after Christmas to sell the phone, would be a huge mistake. They would loose out on a lot of sales.... Including mine.

If it doesn't release before the end of this coming weekend, I might be forced to buy a rezound. I have a lot of shopping for others that I need to get done. Any release after this week, is just too close to Christmas for me.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Why does it matter where it falls with respect to Christmas if you're going to spend $200+ for a phone no matter what?
    edited December 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    Why does it matter where it falls with respect to Christmas if you're going to spend $200+ for a phone no matter what?

It would just feel wrong to me, going out a few days before or after Christmas to buy myself something. Maybe I am just weird.

Also, the week after Christmas is usually my buyers remorse week, where I sit there and realize how much money I blew. Its a psychological thing to me, if I buy the phone now ill be fine. If I wait until after I realize how much money I spent on Christmas, ill want to save my money.
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, because that makes no sense.
    edited December 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    Yeah, because that makes no sense.

Well that's nice Thrax,
    Its just my way of thinking...

I don't really see how its a problem that I wouldn't want to buy myself a phone after Christmas.

After Christmas, I realize how I should probably not spend any more money unless I need too. Im a broke college kid after all, and probably shouldn't be buying the phone to begin with.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    What he is saying:
    You are trying to justify the purchase by making it a christmas gift, which is arbitrary, rather than asking yourself if you have enough money to afford it or not. Your dependence on this holiday should be not be the purchasing decision.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Trumandrummer, I'm guessing you spent money on others, not yourself? If so, "reward" yourself by buying yourself the phone...
    edited December 2011
    Tushon wrote:
    What he is saying:
    You are trying to justify the purchase by making it a christmas gift, which is arbitrary, rather than asking yourself if you have enough money to afford it or not. Your dependence on this holiday should be not be the purchasing decision.

Well technically, I don't have the money for any of it. Phone or Christmas gifts. Im already in debt from school loans and school credit card payments.

Im not saying that its a Christmas gift for myself.
    Im just saying that usually after Christmas I realize that I over spent, and my whole mindset changes... Which would likely prevent me from buying the phone....

Its honestly not that confusing... Besides, what difference does it make if I decide this week is the last week that I wait? I wasn't even complaining or anything, I just said ill buy the rezound. My dad has it, its a great phone and I actually like it too.

Lol, thanks Jokke
    edited December 2011
    Well regardless of all the flaming that was done on me when I said that I couldn't buy it after Christmas......

It is confirmed release tomorrow finally. :D
    edited December 2011
    enjoy
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    What happened to the spreadsheet?
    I'm gonna guess Vanilla doesn't like embedded spreadsheets ... it's a feature!
  • quake101quake101 Ohio Icrontian
    Maybe upload it to Google docs? I wouldn't mine seeing this. :)
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    It was a google doc ;)
    Perhaps he'll throw the link up, as it no longer appears in the source of the page.
    Ok, so why not just post the link?
    Sweet, thanks! :D
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    Let's talk about what phone is coming next for Kwitko:
    http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SPH-D710ZKASPR
    Speaking of phones, say hello to spreadsheet revision 1.7.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    You need to fix the availabilities. You have them as Now available.
    Quad core??? Holy flurking schnitt!!!
    I hope they focus on battery life, with how fast phones are getting and with more and more radios in them, battery life is going to be a major issue.
    edited January 2012
    Actually, the upcoming crop of quad core chips are more efficient than today's dual cores. Smaller process nodes and more efficient processes require less voltage at all clockspeeds.

This is why today's 6-8 core desktop CPUs require just a fraction of the power of yesteryear's <1GHz single-core CPUs. Efficiency is the name of the game.
  • I'm debating an upgrade myself to this: http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SGH-T989ZKBTMB
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    So I am now eligible for full upgrade credit. I currently have the Samsung Epic I from Sprint. Should I pick a Sprint phone now, or hold off on upgrading and wait for the QC phones coming out sometime this year?
    edited January 2012
    It's extremely hard to anticipate what phones Sprint will be getting because, as usual, the world is run by GSM, and Sprint isn't a GSM carrier. All of the phones we know anything about thus far are GSM.

At the very least, I'd wait for the Sprint Galaxy Nexus before making a decision.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    What makes that phone better than what is available currently?
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    Nexus phones are always going to get updates the fastest, and have the purest Google Android experience. Minimal to no carrier crapware.
    It's guaranteed to get upgraded to the next version of Android (likely codenamed "Jellybean"). The rest are not. It also has no carrier crapware, and OS upgrades directly from Google.