Post your PCMark 7 scores here

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited December 2011 in Hardware
A new benchmark suite, a new thread!

Download Futuremark PCMark 7 and post your specs and scores!

HP EliteBook 8740W
Intel Core i7 Q720
NVIDIA Quadro 5000M
8gb DDR3
7200RPM SATA drive

2085 PCMarks

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited May 2011
    AMD Phenom II X4 965
    AMD FirePro V7900
    4GB DDR3
    10KRPM WD Raptor

2520 PCmarks
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
    AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB
    4GB DDR3-1600
    OCZ Vertex 2

4066 PCMarks
  • SuperStrifeSuperStrife Florida
    edited June 2011
    I5-2500k (with a modest 4.0 ghz bump)
    2x GTS 450 882 mhz
    8GB DDR3 610Mhz (downclocked)
    7200RPM drive

2791 PCMarks
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Laptop

Disregard last score. Silly me used wrong program. Correct score is 2735 PCMarks.

edited June 2011
    Wowwwww...
  • PirateNinjaPirateNinja Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    My Desk: 4900
    http://3dmark.com/pcm7/93557

My Lap: 3460
    Free account, no URL but .. i7 2630qm, gtm540, old ssd
    edited June 2011
    THREAD REVIVAL! Also, how fast do those SSD's boost your system? It looks like they double the score of your PC.
    I guess my question is, I boot up now in about 10 seconds, how fast can a good SSD push that?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    If your PC boots from off to ready in 10 seconds with a hard disk, you have successfully defied the laws of physics, and I would like to touch your shoes--or be in your presence, or anything, really, as you will soon be terribly famous.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Just for grins, I ran this on the FIL's computer over LogMeIn. Even remotely, it got 2202.

I'll try it again tonight when I'm actually there and get a REAL score.
    edited June 2011
    THREAD REVIVAL! Also, how fast do those SSD's boost your system? It looks like they double the score of your PC.
    I guess my question is, I boot up now in about 10 seconds, how fast can a good SSD push that?

I boot in 23 seconds (that's starting at when I press power until I see the Windows 7 login screen). At roughly the 9 second mark my uefi is done doing whatever it does and the os actually starts booting.

I don't buy SSDs for boot time. I buy them because they are silent, they make "heavy" web browsing much faster, and application loading much more tolerable. They are also nice for frequent debugging build times.

If you want to boot in 10 seconds or less you need to run msdos or some super lightweight linux distro I imagine. I'm trying to think of something I could boot in to in 1 second considering it takes me 9 to get out of the system boot and in to the os boot.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    edited June 2011
    Personally, I don't start counting until after the BIOS hands off to the OS. When my system was fresh, that was about 16 seconds. Now it's closer to 25.
    edited June 2011
    Thrax wrote:
    If your PC boots from off to ready in 10 seconds with a hard disk, you have successfully defied the laws of physics, and I would like to touch your shoes--or be in your presence, or anything, really, as you will soon be terribly famous.

I was counting from the changeover from bios to OS, as nothing before the changeover would be affected by changing disks to SSD (Probably).

System boot is helped out considerably for me by using a biostar p67 board, which has no UEFI.
    edited June 2011

Core i5 2500K @3.4GHz (stock)
    AMD Radeon HD 6790
    16GB DDR3-1600
    OCZ RevoDrive X2 100GB
    edited June 2011
    I was counting from the changeover from bios to OS, as nothing before the changeover would be affected by changing disks to SSD (Probably).

System boot is helped out considerably for me by using a biostar p67 board, which has no UEFI.

Well, very roughly mine takes 14(+/-2) seconds on an SSD taking advantage of sata3. So I guess in your case ssd will not help boot times. Or it could also be I don't know what I am doing and my ssd is not configured right and I am booting way slower than I should be.
    .. Perhaps if you applied your secret sauce to an SSD it would uber boot.:crazy:
    edited July 2011
    Well, very roughly mine takes 14(+/-2) seconds on an SSD taking advantage of sata3. So I guess in your case ssd will not help boot times. Or it could also be I don't know what I am doing and my ssd is not configured right and I am booting way slower than I should be.
    .. Perhaps if you applied your secret sauce to an SSD it would uber boot.:crazy:

maybe a better clock should be my next investment...in all seriousness i wasn't trying to brag i was just curious.

Still, I load nearly no drivers into windows (i've removed most of the unused ones from boot) and I have win7 forced into using 4 cores to start up.
    (and if you're annoyed by your UEFI bios you can swap it over to a phoenix one, some of which post in 2 seconds)
    edited July 2011
    Still, I load nearly no drivers into windows (i've removed most of the unused ones from boot) and I have win7 forced into using 4 cores to start up.
    Interesting. I'll have to give the multicore boot a try this evening.
    edited July 2011

AMD A8-3850 (4 cores, 2.9GHz stock)
    On-die GPU (Radeon HD 6550D)
    4GB DDR3-1600
    OCZ Vertex 2
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited July 2011
    3886 PCMarks
    edited December 2011
    HP EliteBook 8760W
    Intel Core i7 2820QM
    NVIDIA Quadro 5010M
    16gb DDR3
    SATA3 Crucial SSD
    edited December 2011
    And I have to send that laptop back :( It's SO FAST
  • Sledgehammer70Sledgehammer70 California Icrontian
    edited September 2012
    Intel 3770K
    Nvidia GTX 680 x2
    8GB DDR3
    SATA 3 Munchkin SSD
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian

Intel i7-2600K
    2x AMD Radeon HD 6870
    16GB DDR3
    128GB OCZ Vertex 3

HP Pavilion dv6t Quad Edition... I guess that's an acceptable score for a laptop. I'll have to test my desktop when I get home.
    Testing for a before and after upgrade.

Before:

4200 PCMarks
    • AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
    • 6gb DDR3
    • OCZ Vertex 3 SSD
    • SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 7870
  • lmorchardlmorchard {web,mad,computer} scientist Portland, OR Icrontian
    Out of curiosity, I benchmarked the 2010 MacBook Pro 15" that I use for everything. It's kind of sad:

1791 PCMarks with NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M(1x) and Intel Core i7-620M Processor

And, so, I'm thinking about what I can do to get a gaming PC working from the couch.
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    Nvidia GTS 450
    Intel Core i5-3570K Processor
    16,344 MB I forgot what brand RAM

PCMark score 4946
    Today Futuremark updated PCMark 7 and PCMark Vantage to be compatible with Windows 8.

Today Futuremark updated PCMark 7 and PCMark Vantage to be compatible with Windows 8.

The new scores aren't directly comparable to the previous versions either.