[BLOG] Arbitrary boundaries, and the crossing thereof

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
Tonight I walked 2 miles with Bobby "UPSLynx" Miller, since he's in town.

We started off debating propriety, intent, religion, boundaries, and all kinds of high minded garbage at the bar around 1am. Those kinds of debates always start at bars, don't they?

We brought it home, and by 4am had been going in serious circles; the combo breaker was the walk.

At 4, Lynx and I set off on our journey. By Mile 1, I was in horrible pain and I felt bad for Lynx because I kept making him stop, and he was wearing a short-sleeved shirt which means he was cold.

I suppose the big change-up in my routine had a lot to do with it, but my legs were burning and I was basically having a terrible walk night.

I woke up today with bad back pain; I'm pretty sure the 8-9 hours sitting in airplane seats had a lot to do with it. All in all, I am feeling pretty crappy, physically. I was really dreading walking tonight, and my dread was paid off with confirmation that it was indeed a crappy walking night and I was in pain the whole time.

Bleh.

Either way, I got it out of the way. Two miles in agony is better than nothing and then feeling like a failure.

And yes, we saw the stupid rabbit.

:rant:

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    The rabbit. The stupid rabbit. I would have thought it was some crazy made up story at this point if I hadn't saw it myself.

It's all arbitrary! That's the joke!
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Am I imposing arbitrary boundaries on myself by assuming there will be a rabbit on every journey?

What does it all mean?
  • scottscott Medina, Ohio Icrontian
    In my best Lennie Small voice...

"Tell me about the rabbits George
    Can I tend the rabbits George, please?

Tell me about the rabbits"

Scott

Have you read "Of mice and men" ?