[BLOG] 2 week - Day 2

jj Sterling Heights, MI Icrontian
edited November -1 in Community
First off I have to make a correction for Day 1. I end up going to 92 carbs by the end of the day. With a suggestion of taco bell, I figure I could have some since I was fairly low today anyway. I got a nacho bell grande. For some reason I thought that was getter that a couple of tacos. NOPE it was the WORST single item on the dame menu. FAIL. However,

Day 2 I did much better. I'm done eating for the night and I have 52 carbs. I ate pretty good. no bread, no pasta. I had peanuts for snacks and some chicken and vegetables for dinner. No BBQ sauce or butter.

After dinner I dragged my wife out and we walk a couple of miles. Took 45 min or so.

I'm expecting this to get very difficult mid week. This is my fail point. I have to keep saying, "Not this time" I'll never hear the end of it. .

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I think you're focusing too much on dramatic changes and not making slight subtle changes that will eventually become habit.

You need to change your lifestyle overall.

Of course, not eating like a total asshole is going to help a lot.
  • jj Sterling Heights, MI Icrontian
    I'm only focused on the next 2 weeks. That's all I care about
    ok then. What happens when those two weeks are up?

My point is; you and I have both gone through this before. It has to become habit. Like Jet bread and ranch on Kung Fu Wednesdays became habit.

No matter what, you know I support you.

But I'll still make fun of you.

But I support you.

But I will point and laugh.

But I love you.
  • jj Sterling Heights, MI Icrontian
    this 2 week challenge has nothing to with weight loss or making a life change. It's about will power. Can I do this if I gave it my all. I have a set of rules to follow and an end game in site. Now It's about proving to myself that I can do it. I never really had to much confidence in myself. I have certain areas in my life I succeed at. But when it comes to discipline and sticking to something that I'm the only one responsible for, then I tend to cave in to rationalizations and lame excuses. I picked low carb, because it is the hardest challenge I could do and an area that I need the most work.

After the 2 weeks. Well after I succeed it's completely up to me. At least I will have removed that metal block of "I can't" because I just proved to myself that I can. I can see myself having a better diet and being more active after the 2 weeks, but I don't intend to have a low carb diet all the time. After the weeks I can eat what I want, just in moderation. I know as you do that with out a change in life style, we'll get fatter and more depressed until it is too late. This is simple what I need to do for my first step. Remove the metal block, by proving to myself that my will is stronger than my desires.

of course if I bitch out you can make fun all you want. I'll just watch for you through my sites on the clock tower. :-).

god damit, Jet bread sounds REALLY GOOD. NOOOOOOOOOO!
    Ever since we've been 10 he's been talking about that damned clock tower.

Good thing there isn't a clock tower anywhere near here.