[BLOG] Serious as a heart attack

MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
edited November -1 in Community
I left home on April 24, headed to Detroit, Michigan for work. After working 8 straight 12+ hour days, my journey continued on to Greensboro, North Carolina. Around 8:00 AM, on the morning of my eleventh day in Greensboro, I called my wife to see how she was doing. Her response is always: "I'm fine". Today was different though as she said she wasn't doing good. I asked what was wrong and she informed me that she was on her way to the hospital. Again, I asked what was wrong. She rattled off her symptoms as if it was no big deal, but I had an uneasy feeling.

I nervously awaited a call to find out what was going on. About an hour later, my mother-in-law called and said it was a confirmed heart attack. She said the doctors were running tests to identify where the blockage was. After what seemed like an eternity with no word, I called back. The tests, which revealed 100% blockage in her right coronary artery, went directly to angioplasty and they inserted two stints. All my emotions went into overdrive. I made arrangements for travel home, but the earliest flight I could get on wasn't until 6:00 PM. I finally arrived at the hospital around 10:30 PM to see my wife. I asked how she felt and her response had returned to "I'm fine".

She has now been in ICU for three days and we're hoping she gets moved to a regular room Thursday, and if all goes well, home on Friday.

I'm grateful it wasn't worse and I'll be glad when she returns home.

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    oh wow Bill :( I'm simultaneously sad to hear it and happy to find out that it sounds like she'll be alright.

Keep us informed!
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    Holy cow..... Many times a woman's symptoms are not severe enough to warrant concern until she drops dead. The fact your wife picked up on them and knew that something was wrong... I am glad she got medical attention and the doctors found the problem and fixed it... AWESOME.

I'll add a prayer for her. ;)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Glad it turned out as well as it could :) Cheer Bill, and best wishes to your wife.
  • jj Sterling Heights, MI Icrontian
    Keep us posted but it sounds like they caught it in time. 100% blockage and she says she's fine. She must be the strongest woman in the world. Good thought for ya.
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    She was moved to a regular room today and the doctor said she can go home tomorrow. She'll feel even better when she gets home. :)
  • MrBillMrBill Missouri Member
    She's home! Resting in the bed....