[BLOG] MS and my career

Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
edited November -1 in Community
Years ago I was a successful commercial lender and bank manager. After a few years I decided that I did not enjoy making decisions based on what was best for the bank vs. the consumer. The decisions always had to side with bank. I went back to school with the hopes of becoming a Physician's Assistant. During this time I started having problems with my hands cramping as well as many other problems. I went to the Dr. and after testing was told I have Multiple Sclerosis. I at that point knew the problems would not go away and had to change fields. That we would not be good for patient care when my arm spasms while performing procedures. Fortunately I had found a passion for computers with the help from Short-Media. I don't post all that often, but there have been few days that I don't view the website. Sorry boring you with my woes, but I have a hard time talking to my family about my having MS. Not sure why. Thanks to all contribute to this site. In many ways it helped me decide my future career.

Radio91P

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Wow, that's heavy, man. I'm glad you could switch gears like that, and I applaud you for doing what you feel is right on moral grounds even if it's not the best financial decision for you. That takes serious guts.

We're always here for you. This is an online family :)
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    I completely echo what Brian said. Mad props, sir.
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    My mother-in-law has MS and she has her good days and her not so good days. You get good sleep, take your meds, and try to stay away from stress and the flare-ups and such will be less severe and less common.
  • Radio91PRadio91P Layton, UT New
    Thanks for the comments guys. Life is fun right.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Thanks for your post, Radio91P :)