The "Everything is Different" Vanilla feature and bug discussion

Comments

• UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    I would be totally fine with streamlining signatures to make them less gaudy, huge and annoying. I've learned to hate elaborate sigs like that over the years.

Side note - holy crap Vanilla is effective. I just want to sit here all day and post because of how dynamic the flow is. This is nuts.

Agreed.... plus I just wanted to post somthing on the new forum. HAHAHA
  • I care not about signatures, but I'd like my user title to show up on the posts again. :D
    I agree on that one. I paid far more attention to witty user titles than I ever did to signatures.

Also, dunno if anyone posted it yet but the ICHQ Drop In and Building Memories badges are missing their images for me.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    When I entered the "...search for forum software..." it seemed to load the saved draft of my earlier comment automatically into the comment field.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I just want to be say it's about the time! Ding dong vbulletin is dead! :-) also, I love that you finally have a mobile friendly layout. Now how do I turn email notification off? My phone has been blowing up all morning.
    I am so sorry that your phone exploded. Just remember the good times :(.

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I won't miss signatures but +1 for user titles returning. How else will people know that's what I look like!?
    I won't miss signatures but +1 for user titles returning. How else will people know that's what I look like!?
    Or that I'm the Northernmost Icrontian (dunno if it's still valid).

edited December 2011
    When I entered the "...search for forum software..." it seemed to load the saved draft of my earlier comment automatically into the comment field.
    NVM, I just saw the "Drafts" tab, and deleted the draft there. Problem solved. For my part I'd like it to not load it as a default, but rather have a "load draft" button or something which loads the actual draft...

• shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    In case people don't know, vanilla comes with an awesome mobile site for the forums. Check it out too!
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Is there a special URL for the mobile version?

Congrats on the move guys, nice work.

Also, what creates the order in which I see "all" discussions?
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Is there a special URL for the mobile version?
    No, it uses device detection to decide which theme to serve.
    what creates the order in which I see "all" discussions?
    Most recent comment. There's currently a bug where some comments are getting posted in the wrong timezone, which could cause some discussions to stay in the wrong place.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    This is beautiful. I can’t figure out the whole "clear all notifications" thing, but that may be a TouchPad browser issue. Looking forward to checking out the full browser experience.
    Also: c-c-c-combo breaker achievement!

Also also - profiles are seriously gorgeous.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    Does the @ symbol send a notification to the member's messages or to a twitter account? or both?
    Just a ping to them on here, @koreish.
  • KoreishKoreish I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    @snarkasm neat
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    It does not ping anybody on Twitter.
  • FitzkriegFitzkrieg British Columbia
    Well, I just spent the last half hour un-f@#%ing all of my posts.
    The transition to Vanilla did not work well for any post with quotes in it.
    It's a known bug that will be fixed.

Well that was silly. :p They'll be fixed automatically.
    edited December 2011
    Whenever I press "mark all viewed", this thread: http://icrontic.com/discussion/89646/the-best-way-to-play-every-episode-of-final-fantasy#Item_29 shows the exact opposite, and shows new post, even if it didn't before I click it, and there are no new comments..
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    I'm generally pleased, but the font looks very, very pixelated for me in Chrome (16.0.x). It's just fine in Firefox 3.x and IE 8.

Edit: It appears to be a "ClearType" issue. Maybe I've never hit this because I'm not a design guy.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Looks fine in Chrome 16.x, here. You might want to poke around your system.
    edited December 2011
    And fixed. Had Smoothing on for fonts in Windows XP.
    Whenever I press "mark all viewed", this thread: http://icrontic.com/discussion/89646/the-best-way-to-play-every-episode-of-final-fantasy#Item_29 shows the exact opposite, and shows new post, even if it didn't before I click it, and there are no new comments..
    That's a bug related to the timestamp issue. It's in the queue

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    can we make the forums look like this http://forums.penny-arcade.com/ it's all sexy vanilla <3
    A small request, and likely the only one I'd have:

Allow users to set a default tab, so I don't see the "All" tab every time I come to the forums. There are quite a few forums that get shown that I don't care about (which I'm sure will be fixed), but in turn there are a few that will likely be not shown that I'd like to see, and I'm all about not clicking.
    edited December 2011
    You can unfollow categories on the Categories tab. That will remove them from the All view as well. Also, you could simply change your bookmark to a different tab.
  • BuddyJBuddyJ Dept. of Propaganda OKC Icrontian
    can we make the forums look like this http://forums.penny-arcade.com/ it's all sexy vanilla <3</p>
    ooh. That's nice.

Also, +1 for sigs. After watching SOPA debate all week, I'd like to second the gentleman from Canada's amendment. I then yield my time to the speaker.
    You can unfollow categories on the Categories tab. That will remove them from the All view as well. Also, you could simply change your bookmark to a different tab.
    I don't use bookmarks...and I want all the categories, I just want a way to see everything AND only the things I want. (I'm picky)

And I'd prefer to not use RSS.
  • Well guys I dig it for the most part, but mainly because I respect the amount of work put in to it. Great work, I love the dedication.
    Is the members only category gone or am I just too tarded to find it?