Baked my 9800GX2 and failed

edited December 2011 in Hardware
I acquired a desktop computer recently and the gfx card came w/it; but didn't put any video out from any of the dvi or hdmi ports. The lights around the power plugs and the fan worked. I tested this card in 3 different computers w/the same results, so I decided to bake it.

Yesterday I baked it at 385* for 10 minutes and let it sit overnight. Today I rebuilt the card, but didn't put the metal case back on just in case I needed to do more with it. With the gfx card in the motherboard now it constantly reboots and still doesn't show anything on screen.

Is there anything else I can do to try to make it work? Would baking it again do anything? It doesn't really matter if it gets ruined worse even tho I'd love it if it did work. It was free so doesn't matter what I do to it.

Comments

• ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    You baked it heatsink up, correct?
  • um gpu up its 2 gfx cards with heatsink in the middle with GPU facing heatsink so if heatsink is up then yes
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Just confirming. I know the card. :)

You can try re-baking it. It won't hurt anything.
  • edited December 2011
    I understand heatsink is always up :) if it were down then I would have more issues :P

I also tried setting my BIOS to run the graphics off of the onboard CPU gfx, but once I put the 9800 back in I cant even get up to BIOS :(

Might try baking it again tomorrow or sometime soon after that.