The "Everything is Different" Vanilla feature and bug discussion

Comments

• Brian, make sure he get's enough food and dring, and make sure he goes to bed. Wouldn't want our little smithy to wear himself out would we?
    Just hang a banana bag for him @primesuspect, that should take care of the basic needs listed. Except sleep. For that, provide coffee.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Haven't seen it mentioned yet: The profile link (That says our username while we are logged in) on the home page and while in Articles is there... but is just a blank button that I only found because I was thinking "this is where it should be" and it highlighted when I moused over.

The more I dig in and get used to the new software, the more I like it.

I don't care if Sigs ever come back, I've always included it in my post anyways.

-Digi
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    Haven't seen it mentioned yet: The profile link (That says our username while we are logged in) on the home page and while in Articles is there... but is just a blank button that I only found because I was thinking "this is where it should be" and it highlighted when I moused over.
    Yup. I see this as well. (Or don't see it, as the case may be)
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Is there a consolidated "new posts" area, or do we just peck around for the yellows in the areas in which we're interested?

Also, an "ALL|CATEGORIES|BOOKMARKED|COMMENTED" bar at the bottom of discussions under the comment field would freakin' rule. Right now I find myself going all the way back to the top to either check my bookmarked list on the right or hitting Discussions at the top to bring me back to the All page. Let me know if I'm doin' it rong, though.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    The entire forums homepage is new posts. "New posts" is the default thing you see.
  • You see "new" as in newest. I think what snark is looking for is a listing of "NEW" (re: unread comments) posts.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    I hope I'm just missing something, and if so, I apologize. I see the threads listing how many new posts since my last visit, but I don't see a direct link to the first new post. When I click on the post title, it takes me to the last page (at least that's all I've seen, since I'm not far enough behind on any threads to be taken to an earlier page), but doesn't jump to the post.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    I hope I'm just missing something, and if so, I apologize. I see the threads listing how many new posts since my last visit, but I don't see a direct link to the first new post. When I click on the post title, it takes me to the last page (at least that's all I've seen, since I'm not far enough behind on any threads to be taken to an earlier page), but doesn't jump to the post.
    This is a bug in the current system, and will be fixed. It's supposed to jump to first unread post automatically, but won't if the discussion has more than 1 page.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    It's a known bug in the theme. @lincoln is working on it.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    One of the things they are working on is to fix that - only works for threads that are less than a page long so far (jumping right to new message). That is part of the pagination discussion that was going on....

• WagsFTWWagsFTW Grand Rapids, MI Icrontian
    I like it. Will take some getting used to, though. Digging the cleaner look. I really like how it looks mobile.
    edited December 2011
    I'm stuck with a computer, no mobile, so can't enjoy the mobile theme or functionality - people keep talking about the right column, but the whole site has ads blocked as I am a supporter, the forum main area is framed in black all of top(the bar, explained), bottom and sides. Thus, I get no side info. I think this got grandfathered in from old Icrontic when I chose default theme.

@Lincoln are you fixing the mobile theme first??? If so, will be patient. There is no choice yet that I can see for choosing themes on PC sessions.
    @primesuspect: @tiberiuslazarus is right. I'm looking for a way to see the things I haven't read (new to me) rather than the things that have the most recent responses (which I may well have read already). That's all :)
    Also: autocomplete of usernames when @ mentioning them would be swank as well. :)
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    @Snarkasm @tiberiuslazarus re: unread posts - I ran it by the team, but I'm told the database query to do that might break the universe. I won't rule it out, but I'd have to make a plugin for that and I'm already worried about server load right now.
  • JudahTCJudahTC Ballsdeep with Cola Member
    The Pandemonium!!! *panics and sets himself on fire. Proceeds to run in circles until immolated*
  • JudahTCJudahTC Ballsdeep with Cola Member
    edited December 2011
    The double postamonium!
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Another one I've come across: It would be really nice if replying to a discussion auto-subscribed.

-Digi
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    Another one I've come across: It would be really nice if replying to a discussion auto-subscribed.

-Digi
    Yeesh. Please make that an option and not on for everyone. I'd prefer not to have that. :)

Also, thanks for the response, @primesuspect, :)
    I believe you seek the "Commented" tab.

Fixed.
  • In the mobile theme, I just noticed that there is no "articles" link in the header when I am in the Discussions section. Is this intentional?
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    The following statement is the author's sole personal opinion, and should not be taken as a complaint: I find the images under the "all" tab a bit.. disturbing, for a lack of better words. I feel the colors take a lot of my focus away from the discussions, and it almost makes me dizzy. I, personally, don't like the images. Now I don't mind avatars, I just don't think that they should be displayed next to the discussion. The name of the original poster is good enough for me.
    In the mobile theme, I just noticed that there is no "articles" link in the header when I am in the Discussions section. Is this intentional?
    Mobile theme is still stock - I haven't customized it at all.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    We can haz our old smileys back some day?
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    Most of my gripes have been alleviated now that I realize you can unfollow and still make the categories tab display all categories by default.

I like everything else.
    :mm:
    Yes please.... I do not know what I would do without them. Seconded request.... :D

• jaredjared College Station, TX Icrontian
    :jared:

oh wait...
    Tip: How to clear 14 pages of bookmarks dating back to 2004, the hard way.

First, go to bookmarks by clicking bookmarks tab, click every star so it is not bright yellow on a whole page of bookmarks.

Next, scroll back up to top and click on Mark All Viewed.

Vanilla will clear the page, and put you back on the all page. Click bookmarks tab, and repeat above for each page until the bookmarks tab disappears if there are none you want to save.

If you have some you want to save, leave the stars next to them bright yellow, they will remain as bookmarks. No, I am not kidding, the import brought in about 250 bookmarks left over in vBulletin but hidden from view.

John.