Humble Bundle gets a $1 minimum for steam keys

BasilBasil NubcaekEngland Icrontian
edited December 2011 in Gaming

Comments

• BobbyDigiRobert Cometa ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    This is a step in the right direction. Scammers have been buying up the bundles cheap and trading them for in game items since the beginning of the 'pay what you want' method. It only took two days of scaming Valve for anything to be done about it.

-Digi
  • Plus, if you can't pay a buck, you have much larger issues. Nobody should complain about this.
  • Plus, if you can't pay a buck, you have much larger issues. Nobody should complain about this.
    But people will... because they always do.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    It's not about "oh I'm poor I can't afford a dollar". It's about assholes who are trying to open as many Steam accounts as possible, populating them with games for $.01, and trying to get entries into the Steam Holiday contest.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Not to mention that the Humble Bundle is a bloody charity. Taking advantage of something like that doesn't make a person anything but a grade A arsehole.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I'm surprised they didn't think of this before the sale. Even a $1 minimum isn't going to stop people from exploiting the system. Preventing people from making multiple accounts is probably the best solution but good luck with that.
  • BasilAndrew Brush Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Thing is, even if you can't afford a dollar you still get the whole base bundle, just not a steam key for it.

Just to clarify, Humble Bundle Inc isn't a charity itself, they are a San Fran based corporation.