The "Everything is Different" Vanilla feature and bug discussion

Comments

• JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    Dunno if it's just me, but the "squint" preference seems to make the "mark all viewed" not work.
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    Dunno if it's just me, but the "squint" preference seems to make the "mark all viewed" not work.
    Not just you. Here also.

• PacifistoPacifisto Turnip Extraordinaire Michigan Icrontian
    So, I'm signed in (name at the top of the page and everything), but when I tried to make a comment on an article (from the article view, not the forums view) I got:
    ERROR: please fill the required fields (name, email).

Now, I don't see either name or email as a field, or anything else for that matter, at all.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    I know I've been a bit of a downer, but I do appreciate what you guys have done. Tons of work getting away from vB. Thanks for being so dedicated to this place.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    The "mark all viewed" button continues to behave erratically... or not at all.
    Also, a thread on the index last updated by a guest comment shows a blank space in the "last by" area of the thread information.
  • Nate_LapTNate_LapT Ferndale MI. Icrontian
    Comment box has vanished from the megaman post
    http://icrontic.com/article/capcom-announces-mega-man-x-for-ios
  • drasnordrasnor Starship Operator Hawthorne, CA Icrontian
    The flag tool just flashes an empty dialog box and floating 'X' window close handle in Firefox 7.
  • Nate_LapTNate_LapT Ferndale MI. Icrontian
    works fine in 8
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Reported stuff in The Dump (staff forum) is hard to read with the dark theme.
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Just tried making a post on the 7970 Article, from the Article page, not the discussions page and am getting a hard error page saying that "Name and Email" need to be supplied.
    TiberiusLazarus
    Just tried making a post on the 7970 Article, from the Article page, not the discussions page and am getting a hard error page saying that "Name and Email" need to be supplied.
    I can confirm this problem.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    I've definitely been moving slower on issues than I'd planned because of week-long stability issues that have been inflicted on our server. My stress level's been thru the roof all week and I've barely coded a lick.
    edited December 2011
    And to preemptively answer the obvious question: No, I do not correlate the performance issues with the migration to Vanilla. We were fine for the first 24 hours; there were mistakes made by our host Monday night that I believe we've fully recovered from as of yesterday evening.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    @Lincoln: It's not that the un-highlighted color matches the background, it's that the page number is actually still highlighted as an active link. This thread is currently on page 4, but I can still click the 4th page.

And yeah, the "squint" option appears to mess up lots of links and things like preview post, etc.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    One thing I'd like to see return among other things would be a view count for threads. Not really for any important reasons but it's always nice to see how popular a thread is, or at least how many people actually know about what's going on.
    @Lincoln: It's not that the un-highlighted color matches the background, it's that the page number is actually still highlighted as an active link. This thread is currently on page 4, but I can still click the 4th page.

And yeah, the "squint" option appears to mess up lots of links and things like preview post, etc.
    Even on the default theme you can still click the last page, it's just a different color.
    edited December 2011
    Today's changelog:
    • "Jump-to-newest" now works on all pages
    • Old QUOTE tags now work as expected
    • Fixed all broken links and redirects
    • Added "Attach a file" ability for Supporters (right side under comment box)
    • Fixed several WordPress-related issues for writers
    • Badge counts are fixed & can be manually awarded again
    • RSS is repaired
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    That's a hell of a changelog for one day. Thanks duder.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Awesome! Thanks, Linc!

PS mobile theme is nice. :D
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    Dunno if this has been discussed/requested. When embedding YouTube videos, can the shortened link (youtu.be) be added to the auto-embed?
    Dunno if this has been discussed/requested. When embedding YouTube videos, can the shortened link (youtu.be) be added to the auto-embed?
    I added it to core months ago... with the www on it. :rolleyes: Will be fixed in next Vanilla update.
    My late night encore / Christmas morning miracle: Timestamps are fixed.
    Congrats and many thank-yous from here. :D

Thank you, Santa.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Thank you, Santa.
    This

Another bug: "mark all viewed" does not work, but viewing a thread does clear the "unread posts" flag.
    edited December 2011
    Vanilla, after I posted a long comment, offered me an Add Comment box that was about 8X the height of the normal one. For an example what I consider long comments, see the printing comment in the latest Linux thread I started, in software, operating systems.

Is Vanilla becoming an AI??? :D
    Another bug: "mark all viewed" does not work, but viewing a thread does clear the "unread posts" flag.
    It's (somehow, impossibly) related to the "shrink text" option. I haven't dug into it yet.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    +1 for this one. That would be rad.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian