Most fearsome creature in Skyrim?

JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
edited December 2011 in Gaming
Let's all post what creature/animal/beast/human scares you the most in Skyrim. Be it based on lore, appearence, ferocity etc.

I'll start. I absolutely hate Draugr. Not because they are hard to kill but because ever since I was a little boy I've heard stories about the draug (draugen). How they would claw themselves onboard your boat and drag you into the sea, or kidnap you from bed at night.. Still gives me shivers thinking about them, and the draugr in Skyrim don't look too different from the ones I used to picture in my head when hearing the stories..

Spiders are a good second though.

Comments

• fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Ancientdragon.jpg

this is shit your pants material
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    As posted in the Screenshot thread, the most fearsome thing I've come across so far are the Giants:

2011-11-12_00031.jpg

I was excited hearing about these guys in the pre-release videos, so once I found one I quickly ran up to it to check it out. You don't realize how large they are until you're at their feet (from a distance, they look like they might be normal travelers).

This particular guy was minding his own business, checking out some Mammoths that had attacked a camp. I walked up to him and shot an arrow at a Mammoth for laughs. This pissed him off, and he chased after me. It was geniunely terrifying as I tried to run from him. Full on sprint didn't matter, his stride was so large that I couldn't escape. I kept glancing back, just seeing this monstrosity lumbering after me.

Then he killed me. I don't mess with giants any more.
  • FitzkriegFitzkrieg British Columbia
    edited November 2011
    I don't have a picture, but Saber Cats are the most annoying fucking thing in Skyrim. They're too fast, spawn anywhere, and kill me in 3-4 hits.
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Fitzkrieg wrote:
    I don't have a picture, but Saber Cats are the most annoying fucking thing in Skyrim. They're too fast, spawn anywhere, and kill me in 3-4 hits.

This is the truth. I've discovered that the best way to deal with these bitches is to sneak around until they see you, then run like hell.
    edited December 2011
    This is the truth. I've discovered that the best way to deal with these bitches is to sneak around until they see you, then run like hell.
    My personal strategy was to jump in the nearest river and swim down the rapids (Argonian, bitches) until I lost the damn thing.

However, I have reached the point where I can quickly waltz up to it in a stealth run and shank it for 30x damage, so they've become significantly less threatening.

Come to think of it, I can one-shot giants with the same strategy now, too...

I guess being a stealth character has its benefits, they just seem to come in at a later level.

Oh, and for the record, daggers are OP.
  • FrenchieFrenchie Maryland
    edited November 2011
    I was on my way to the greybeards and while attempting to stealth past the frost troll at the top of the steps he glitched off the cliff and landed right on top of me. Scariest moment of my life.
    edited November 2011
    Fitzkrieg wrote:
    Oh, and for the record, daggers are OP.

I completely agree with this. 30x damage is so much fun.
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Giants are the most annoying thing in the game. They kill you in one hit and take forever to take down...
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    They are GIANTS after all...
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    The Timosaur.
    edited December 2011
    Giants are the most annoying thing in the game. They kill you in one hit and take forever to take down...

See:
    I have reached the point where I can quickly waltz up to it in a stealth run and shank it for 30x damage, so they've become significantly less threatening.

Come to think of it, I can one-shot giants with the same strategy now, too...
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    Never played a stealth character in Oblivion or Skyrim. Stealth become obsolete rather quickly in oblivion....

Besides giants, swarms of lightning magic users get devastating pretty quickly if you're playing a mage.
  • SonorousSonorous F@H Fanatic US Icrontian
    edited November 2011
    The crabs are by far the worst and most scary creature in the game. They can swim in waters you can see into, have huge claws and armor and walk in a manner similar to the undead. I think Elk might be a close second.
    edited December 2011
    Never played a stealth character in Oblivion or Skyrim. Stealth become obsolete rather quickly in oblivion....

Besides giants, swarms of lightning magic users get devastating pretty quickly if you're playing a mage.
    You should try it sometime, hell you can even play a stealth mage in Skyrim (there's an Illusion perk that makes your spellcasting silent).
    edited November 2011
    Mr TRiot wrote:

In Skyrim it seems perfectly viable so far, Although as a Rogue who uses dual daggers I have some problems killing Dragons. I am still waiting to hit 100 Sneak, but I can't wait for the perk.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    I have probably died by ice spikes from Frost mages more frequently than anything else in the game.
  • doozerdoozer Florida Member
    edited December 2011
    100 sneak is definitely uber-fun, the shadowstep is hilarious if your difficulty setting is below master. Master and expert make the game VERY hard for a sneaker. I'm currently playing at expert and have learned that f5 after every kill is very useful.

Most fearsome creature? I'd definitely have to say that dragon-priests are not fun at all. Hagravens aren't pretty... ancient dragons are REALLY difficult if anyone has made it to that tier yet... fearsome though? I am not a fan of ice wraiths, they always pop up out of no-where. Oh, and fucking spiders. I hate them.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited December 2011
    Most fearsome creature? So far I'd have to say Horkers they just won't die and the only character I've had it easy when killing them was my warrior, definitely terrifying to thieves and fledgling mages.
  • I-need-a-better-nameI-need-a-better-name Austin Member
    edited December 2011
    I couldn't say this when I was a mage. I definitely couldn't say this when I was a thief/assassin but I can most assuredly state it now with no equivocation:

I am the most fearsome creature in all of Skyrim.
  • LazarusXeroLazarusXero Illinois Icrontian
    Well, I finally have Skyrim and have only put in about 20 hours so far. I'm a Mage with a secondary skill in Sneak-Archery... So far, the creatures that have been giving me a terrible time would be the Dwarven Spheres... Those bitches just won't go down without me spending 3/4 of my Magicka. I can take down Ice Wraiths fairly quickly, I am the Drougr Scourge, Skeletons go down in one shot, trolls are a joke now, but these mechanical dwarven machinations of destruction are a BITCH!!! Also, that son of a bitch that has my Staff of Magnus is about the most fearsome thing since Arcano... (if you've been to the College at Winterhold you'll know what I'm talking about).
    The creature I've had the most trouble with on ALL characters I've made so far have got to be the Dwarven Centurions. Those things are freaking terrifying, they're huge, tough, and they SPIT lightning. I saw ONE Centurion take on 8 falmer and win, the only character I have capable of doing that is my Nord and that's while chugging health pots faster than I breathe.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    I've snuck past every single one. :)
    I've snuck past every single one. :)
    Well excuse me for making enough noise to be heard 4 miles away when I move an arm XD
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    It's kind of crappy, though. At one point, I had to leave Lydia behind, sneak past the Centurion, finish the quest, and circle back in from the front of the dungeon to get her again and lead her out the front. It was bonkers.
  • When you're a low level, Ice trolls are freaking impossible to kill. Whenever I would encounter one, I'd scream get the hell out of there. Then they'd catch up to me and kick the crap out of me. Of course, now I'm a higher level, I can one shot them with a good fire spell.
  • I've snuck past every single one. :)
    I would sneak around things all the time if I wasn't compelled to kill and loot everything I see that won't land me in jail.
  • V-PV-P State College, PA Member
    edited January 2012
    I second @UPSLynx. Giants are so annoying. They're not particularly difficult to fight but it seems like they're everywhere and take a lot of clicking to kill. Plus they're never alone. There's either several giants or some mammoths.
  • TheironhandTheironhand Centerline, Michigan Icrontian
    I'd have to say the Falmer are. There so scary, I feel like if I go in there lairs I'll never find my way out and end up looking like them.