The League of Extraordinary Icrontians season two

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited September 2012 in Team Fortress 2
imageGather round, gather round. Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, we've got a wonderful announcement to make:

The League of Extraordinary Icrontians is returning for a second season!

The League, if you're not familiar, is a weekly Team Fortress 2 game with Icrontians old and new, pro and noob. Every Tuesday night at 10pm EST we will gather on rad.icrontic.com and play the night away (some nights, the LOEI have played until 3am).

For the second season, we will be announcing participation badges as well as special event badges for those of you who like to buff up your Icrontic user profiles (aka achievement whores).

We'll have a casual, unofficial inaugural run tonight at 10pm EST just to get the band back together, and the first official League session will be next week, the 10th, at 10pm EST.

Welcome back everyone!

Comments

• UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Still in Indiana without a computer to play TF2 on, and then CES next week, but rest assured after that, I'm frigging in.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    May not be able to get on today but next week I'm totally in even if I can only grab 2 hours.
  • PreacherPreacher Potomac, MD Icrontian
    AWESOME. I recommend we start off simple...maybe with an "I play TC TF2 in a leopard thong" evening...
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    AWESOME. I recommend we start off simple...maybe with an "I play TC TF2 in a leopard thong" evening...
    Second
  • pragtasticpragtastic Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Unnf. In.
    TiberiusLazarus
  • ZaticusZaticus Indianapolis
    Sweet, sounds like my Tuesday nights will be booked for a while! Well, as long as you all can tolerate an Icrontian noob on the league. XD
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Yup! Noob friendly is our middle name.

Not sure what our last name is....
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Sparticusmagoo
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    hooray!
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    Steam has been telling me that it is Preparing to Launch TF2 for about 2 hours now. I do not know what is up (yet to troubleshoot) but I look forward to getting in some ICTF2 on a regular basis.

-Digi
    The beta session was awesome. Cola, [EA] Marshmellow, and [TR]Farge were driving me nuts on the last few maps—and by driving me nuts I mean they were destroying my face over and over again (even though I led my team to victory in the last payload map, so suck it).

We've got lots of new IC-curious people that are regularly visiting our server and adding it to their favorites. I sense some new community members will be born of this fiasco :D
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    Good times tonight. :)
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    ARG! Now I see why West Coast people are poorly represented in IC gaming events, damn time difference makes things...difficult.

Hopefully I will be able to play at least a couple times a month because even though I don't enjoy the game like I used to, I do still enjoy tossing jars of pee on people.
    You... want this... don't you...

• MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    Totally in next weekend. Short notice (and not being at the PC) nixed last night.
    @primesuspect I DO, ILRIYAS DO WANT
    I joined in on the unofficial tf2 event last night, can't wait for the real events. Had a great time.
  • quake101quake101 Ohio Icrontian
    I was only able to play for about 1 hour last night but had fun. :D

Btw.... WANT!
    edited January 2012
    imageThose who participated in Season One of the LOEI, those who showed up last night for the trial run, and those who participate on the 10th are all going to receive this one-time badge:

The Grizzled League Veteran

For their Icrontic profiles. Once they're given out, there will never be a chance to earn it again. This is for recognition that you were there in the beginning.

We'll be emulating the TF2 badge system: Silver and Bronze badges will eventually be given out to those who join us later on, but the Gold grizzled badge will be an exclusive mark of honor.

• CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

We'll be emulating the TF2 badge system: Silver and Bronze badges will eventually be given out to those who join us later on, but the Gold grizzled badge will be an exclusive mark of honor.

In that case, there should also be a retroactive black badge for those who played with the group before it was cool. B)

In that case, there should also be a retroactive black badge for those who played with the group before it was cool. B)
    The Icrontic hipster award? :D
  • quake101quake101 Ohio Icrontian
    Oh sweet! :D
    I gave out the first round of 72 badges. If you didn't receive it but should have, send me a message. It wasn't intentional; hard to go back over a year and a half of history and find out the right people to give the badge to :D
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    Oh! Shiny badge!
    Horray! I'm going to be a badge whore. It's like pokemon right? Gotta catch em all!
  • Icrontic Noob-friendly Sparticusmagoo ... I'll see you Tuesday.a
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    think you're old school TF2

you don't know anything kid

• TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    @fatcat Am I missing something? You have TF2 Beta selected, though I imagine you wanted TF2 with hours visible
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    His point is that he is the oldest of old school, in that he was around early enough that he downloaded, played, and even still has the beta.

Or something. e-peen, etc.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    Snark wins

you had to pre-order the Orange Box to play TF2 beta if I remember correctly
This discussion has been closed.