The "Everything is Different" Vanilla feature and bug discussion

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Feature request: option in profile to auto-bookmark threads you post in.
    Have you seen the "Commented" tab?
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    Now I have :)
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    There is a bug in the new discussions list next to the articles. It goes to a black screen below the Icrontic header. The list knows I have new (unreadmessages in thread, but does not try to position them to last read message - the list is not parsing a position in the thread to list the thread, according to Firefox
  • Is there a full list of available badges somewhere?
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Small bug - I somehow have a permanent draft comment when I enter the "most fearsome creature in Skyrim" thread, even though that comment is actually posted in the discussion. I have tried clearing the box and manually saving a draft as well as clearing it and just waiting for a while to see if it would auto-save, but no dice. I think I can manually remove it via the drafts tab, but I'll leave it there for now if you want to poke around with it, @Lincoln.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Is there a full list of available badges somewhere?
    The list is available to those with admin access for now; the reputation plugin is a new thing that Vanilla is working on. It will continue to improve, and a list of all available badges will be one of the things that will arrive eventually.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I got the photogenic badge again after changing my picture back last night even though I already had it years ago. Not sure if bug.
    I think I can manually remove it via the drafts tab
    Yeah, that's the only solution at present. Bit annoying, I agree.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    See attached photo. Duplicates of announcements, seems to be in most categories.
    dupe.jpg 166.9K
  • SliquidSliquid Neverwhere, Michigan Member
    I just noticed extraneous "/wordpress" in all of the links under 'new discussions' on the homepage, 404ing the discussion and profile links.

also, the 404 message is black on black.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Is there a way to ignore a particular thread, so that it doesn't show up in our "All" feed?
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I don't think so; I think you can only ignore entire categories :-/
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    Don't think this has been mentioned, but once or twice I've seen peoples real names rather than usernames displayed.

While ponies was not the thread which made me think of this, it is less about hate and more I don't care, so I'd probably hide that too.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    The code for :facepalm: is wrong

-Digi
    @BobbyDigi Howso?
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    @Lincoln :tim: <-- Doesn't work

-Digi
    lololol. worth the bug fix.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    I can't see deleted messages. Are they hard- or soft-deleted?
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    Also missing options to merge threads.
    I can't see deleted messages. Are they hard- or soft-deleted?
    Hard. I have an undo thingy if anyone messes up.

• SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    Is it called "nightly backups?" (How can there be an undo if it's hard deleted?)
    Is it called "nightly backups?" (How can there be an undo if it's hard deleted?)
    No. It's actually removed from the comments database table (which is what I'd call "hard") but a diff is stored in a logs table (deletions and edits). I have an admin option to review diffs and restore any I like.
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    I have an admin option to review diffs and restore any I like.
    I saw that. Annoying, but at least it's there.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    Opinion: The 'guest' avatars are not Icronticy enough. Put one of our artists to work on something more interesting. :D
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Opinion: The 'guest' avatars are not Icronticy enough. Put one of our artists to work on something more interesting. :D
    Seconded, although couldn't we just bring back the old fedoras?
  • BLuKnightBLuKnight Lehi, UT Icrontian
    It looks like both the Articles RSS and Discussions RSS point to the same RSS fee, Articles. Would like to have Discussions in my RSS again.

Great work on the redesign, @Lincoln!
    Thanks for letting me know @BLuKnight! Fixed the RSS links.
    edited January 2012
    I found the cause of the "Mark All Viewed" malfunctioning. It was conflicting with the caching I installed, so it was giving a wrong (too old) timestamp. I wrote a workaround and I'll be deploying it soon.