CES Startup Debut highlights

mertesnmertesn I am Bobby MillerYukon, OK Icrontian
edited January 2012 in Science & Tech

Comments

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    Liquipel sounds like the greatest thing since sliced bread...hrm I should inform my brother of this, he's lost so many phones to the washing machine I think he'd actually be willing to go without his phone for a few weeks while it gets coated (If that's how long the shipping would take of course).

Actually I should check this out myself, I work near cleaning chemicals and water so much at my job that I'm constantly scared that my Blackberry will get hit by overflow.
  • AnnesAnnes Tripped Up by Libidos and Hubris Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Liquipel makes me think we finally live in the future.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Liquipel makes me think we finally live in the future.
  • "Bass players, you’re out of luck for now, as Evertune is currently designed for guitars."

A bass IS a guitar. D'oh! :-s
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Yes, mr. pedantic. I've been a bass player for 20 years, so I'm intimately familiar with the semantics of the word. However, this is written for a general audience to understand, and for most people, they will equate six strings with "guitar" :rolleyes:
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    We will have a more thorough and comprehensive write-up of Liquipel when we visit their actual CES booth this week.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Liquipel sounds incredible. If they can use it on a tissue I'm guessing there's almost no limit to it's uses. It will be interesting to see what applications this will have besides electronics in the future.
  • mertesnNick Mertes I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Swimmy McSwimmer-phone says YAY !
  • mertesnNick Mertes I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    Yum, Nick? I think I just 'jacked your avatar!
    Mom
  • Got it.
  • ZaticusZaticus Indianapolis
    I have a college buddy that could've benefited from having his phone treated with Liquipel. He ruined about 4 phones his freshmen year from drinking too much and dropping it into his beer, snow, water, etc.

You think he would've learned... *sigh*
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    My wife told me I should get at least two applications on whatever phone I have. So far, I've sent an iPhone to the toilet and my EVO into a bowl of soup and the sink.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    My wife told me I should get at least two applications on whatever phone I have. So far, I've sent an iPhone to the toilet and my EVO into a bowl of soup and the sink.
    While I haven't personally done that, my wife has dropped hers into water before. The coating costs far less than the phone insurance replacement cost.
  • JokkeJokke Bergen, Norway Icrontian
    Hmm, Liquipel sounds great. It seems to work on fabric. I guess it could be great for outdoor clothing, but the clothing's ability to let out moisture from the body would be destroyed. I hope they can further develop it to become 100% watertight on one side, while letting the other remove all moisture.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    I was driving home from the Orange County airport on Sunday night, in the middle of a thunderstorm, when I saw the name "Liquipel" in big bright lights on the side of a building next to the freeway.

Liquipel's HQ is less than fifteen minutes from my home... I wonder if they'd be interested in giving a factory tour for some more coverage on Icrontic?
  • I got Liquipel on my iPhone 4 back in June and it’s saved it from getting destroyed at least three times. I even dropped it in a bubbling jacuzzi and it survived. I’ve been a believer ever since. You can’t tell anything has been done to it either, it comes back all clean in a nice metal container with a microfiber pouch. None of the water sensor stickers changed color when it got wet so even if it fails I can get a new phone on Apple. All in all I’d say its worth the $59. You no longer have to worry about losing a phone over a spilled drink or a little rain. Just makes you feel good.

Liquipel is going to be at CES again this year and I hear rumors of a machine doing free treatments at the show, can't wait to check it out.
  • mertesnmertesn I am Bobby Miller Yukon, OK Icrontian
    CG60 said:

I got Liquipel on my iPhone 4 back in June and it’s saved it from getting destroyed at least three times. I even dropped it in a bubbling jacuzzi and it survived. I’ve been a believer ever since. You can’t tell anything has been done to it either, it comes back all clean in a nice metal container with a microfiber pouch. None of the water sensor stickers changed color when it got wet so even if it fails I can get a new phone on Apple. All in all I’d say its worth the $59. You no longer have to worry about losing a phone over a spilled drink or a little rain. Just makes you feel good.

Liquipel is going to be at CES again this year and I hear rumors of a machine doing free treatments at the show, can't wait to check it out.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll be sure to catch up with them this year.