Team Fortress 2 Overpowered Weapons

RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian
edited January 2012 in Team Fortress 2
I wanted to make a thread seeing what people think which items are overpowered and if valve should rework those items or completely get rid of the weapon. This is completely your opinion, but if you could give us a reason like the enforcer is OP because of 20% extra damage with no true drawback that would be appreciated.

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    The original Tomislav was broken, but I find it acceptable now. That's the only time in recent memory I was forced to look up a weapon because it negatively effected my play.
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    Anything you can buy and not earn.
    edited January 2012
    Anything you can buy and not earn.
    Let's not crap in Rexxar's discussion.
  • trooster89trooster89 Are you from London? Icrontian
    the enforcer really is. A lot of weapons that have been added are : the Machina (bodyshots everywhere), new pyro set; also the bushwacka hardly has any downside since it is so often coupled with jarate.
    (bodyshots everywhere)
    Mmmmmm.
  • quake101quake101 Ohio Icrontian
    Any weapon that Rexxar is using, unless he is on my team. The guy is just too damn good. :D
  • RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian
    The tomislav is one of the weapons that I struggle with. Usually I can barely pull out my dead ringer in time to deal with the damage. The original heavy weapon is more predictable since I have a second to react and it's loud as hell.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    The rocket launcher. I mean look at it!

IT LAUNCHES ROCKETS! YOU CAN'T EXPLAIN THAT!
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    dead ringer + ice stabby thing is pretty ridiculous.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    I see the enforcer as OP simply because it outclasses every other revolver the spy has with virtually no drawback, it allows you to 2-shot 125 hp classes which (in my opinion) was what the Ambassador was created for, but that weapon takes the skill to shoot someone in the head to do it's damage. The Enforcer also encourages Spys to use their revolver as their main damage output when traditionally the role of the Spy class is to get behind the enemy and back-stab key targets. Allowing the Spy do do as much damage as it does with The Enforcer without having to be right on top of an enemy in my eyes is OP.

I also don't like the Bushwacker/Axtinguisher though those qualms may be slightly less relevant. I dislike unholy amounts of burst damage at close range from the Sniper (which is supposed to be most vulnerable at close range), and the pyro is the strongest class in most 1v1 situations anyway with its crazy variety of ways to deal with enemies.

I also believe that the Saharan Sword set for the Demo is way too crazy, the shield bash at full damage at any range and a crit/mini crit mele swing will bring down most any class in one combo. Not to mention healing off the ammo dropped when you kill the enemy and the fast charge recharge rate. You become an unstoppable screaming freight train of death.

Lastly I dislike the random crits on things like The Bushwacka and the Soldier's pickaxe. The Bushwhacka is like The Axtinguisher where you're guaranteed a crit if the enemy is jarate'd so there's no reason it should crit otherwise. The pick gains damage as the Soldier gets lower, so at low health he can just run around and swing for all of the health of any non-overhealed class (I think).

• GnomeQueenGnomeQueen The Lulz Queen Mountain Dew Mouth Icrontian
    E'rebody always be hatin' on muh backburna.
    While I loathe the Axtinguisher, I think it requires enough skill to use well that I'm not frequently plagued by it.
    I don't understand why the Demoman's grenades got nerfed twice early on, only to give him crazy melee weapons later. It they wanted charging melee, that sounds like room for a new class. Just weird.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    Thou shalt learn to fear the Demoknight.

Seriously though what I find to be OP isn't as much a weapon as the FREAKING BACKSTAB

I can't count how many times I've lost my uber charge to a spy's backstab (Cola and Rexxar mark my words I will have my revenge.)

EDIT: Wait I found one the tomislav is quite irritating, even when healing my own teams heavy if an unhealed heavy with the slav gets the drop on us my heavy (If they don't have a tomislav) always seems to lose (Even if that drop is only 1 second)
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I still think the Tomislav is OP
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    First of all, let me say this: I stopped playing the game for a year or two and when I came back, there were SOOOOO many new weapons. I still don't know half of them. I don't at all like Valve's trading and crafting system; it makes no sense to me. I liked the old TF2, where each class only had 6-7 weapon variations and everything wasn't so... chaotic. And I realize Valve had to do all this to make money now that the game is free, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Now onto the OP weapons:

I totally agree with cola about the Enforcer. The Spy's pistol, in my opinion, should be the last thing the player wants to use. The class isn't meant to be played like a Scout. You're supposed to get behind the enemy, unseen, and start stabbing away. I remember when a player had to have real skill to play as a Spy and almost no one used the class. Now, there are usually 2-3 Spies per team.

I also really hate the way people are using the Demoman. I don't know the last time I've been killed by an actual pipe bomb or sticky grenade. I just see them charging at my with their damn swords. It really ticks me off.
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Play with me. I promise you'll be quickly reacquainted with dying by sticky grenades...
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    I don't like the enforcer, doesn't seem to have any negative effect when used with the dead ringer and allowing spies to completely cock up a backstab/cloaking and still get the drop on lower HP classes is annoying as hell.
  • RyanFodderRyanFodder Detroit, MI Icrontian
    So, after coming back into the game (ish) as a more casual player - the new items just make people all play the same.

They all still die the best to Sasha.

(except you, spies. I'm [trying] to watch you)
    edited January 2012
    They all still die the best to Sasha.
    QFT.
    edited January 2012
    Weezer, Valve invented new weapons to spice up the game. Now you might say no they did it for money. That is partly true, you can still get weapon by crafting it or hopefully after you play for a long period of time (Which they want you to do) without paying a cent.

I have agreed time and time again saying the Enforcer is OP and I get criticized a lot for using for it. But you have to think it from my perspective if I find a weapon that is better than my current one I am going to use it. I will give you a simple example. Many times when I fight another spy they typically want to stab me to death. Instead of trying to stab him to death or try to get a backstab I pull out my gun and finish him/her off. Is that fair battle? No but it gives me the greater advantage. However would I support an argument saying that the Enforcer is OP? Of course the enforcer in my opinion has disgraced on what we spies stand for but that doesn’t mean I won't use it. The only time I usually will ever use my gun is if I go up head-on against someone (Trust me I would rather back stab someone if I could it's so much more satisfying).

Now on to the dead ringer discussion. Some of you have heard me saying time and time again that the dead ringer got nerfed not once but twice. I will explain what they did to that nerf so you truly understand on how it was nerfed (I know some of you already do know but some people maybe not fully comprehend). When the dead ringer first came out (Best days of my Spy life) it was like the spy was god. At will we could flip dead ringer off and on to get rid of pyros flame. Also we could have absorbed a lot more damage than what we could today.

After a while valve saw their big mistake and redesigned the dead ringer so when you used it once and turned it off it went straight to 0 energy and could not be used for some time unless you picked up ammo. Now for whatever reason they nerfed it again and now you require a lot more ammo to recharge your dead ringer (The big pack of ammo only charges half). During that time I was pretty mad so instead of switching items I decided to improvise. I memorized all the ammo areas on the most popular maps and on empty servers I found nifty little areas to get an easy backstab or hide in. I looked on YouTube to get new ideas from other spies. And to be truly honest I’ve seen a lot of spies use dead ringer and it pains me to see them use it (uncloak behind a sniper *facepalm*). I only know a few spies that use it correctly and damn they can be scary. So in my opinion I think the dead ringer has gotten the nerf bat to the butt enough and should be cut some slack.
    edited January 2012
    the enforcer in my opinion has disgraced on what we spies stand for
    The Enforcer has disgraced... the Scout's mom?

(PS added some breaks to your comment so it's readable)
  • I don't understand why the Demoman's grenades got nerfed twice early on, only to give him crazy melee weapons later. It they wanted charging melee, that sounds like room for a new class. Just weird.
    ^this^

(Cola and Rexxar mark my words I will have my revenge.)
    I think Prag has first dibs on that one, for me at least.
    (PS added some breaks to your comment so it's readable)

Lol thanks Linc i'll keep that in mind next time
    Also, for all my whining (I know it gets on some people's nerves) I don't have anything against using weapons I dislike (though I wouldn't use them personally. Rex, I particularly like to take jabs at you because you're usually ahead of me on the scoreboard :P