SW:TOR Icrontic Guild

Comments

• RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian
    Dang hopefully they let us do that and not take ages like WoW. Sorry should of been more specific on the waiting part. What I mean is I’m going to enjoy the rest of the questing until I hit 50 then I will give PvP a go. Also I heard about that leveling system in pvp it seems great but I’ve heard complaints from the lower level people getting wrecked by the higher levels not because of gear (Which is not possible as you said) but them having more abilities then the lower levels which gives a significant advantage. But my question is are there brackets like 10-19, 20-29, or does it just go 10-50?
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    AFAIK (and in my experience), there are no brackets. I don't recall seeing a 50 in the couple that I have done, but that may have just been chance. I know I saw 30s and 40s in both of them. I only experienced two modes: CTF and a sort of rush map where you have to destroy doors and get to a core or something like that.
  • RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian
    That is pretty interesting. Hopefully they seperate the levels early on. I think a level 10 against a level 40+ even with leveling system can still be very unfair.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    Just an FYI to anyone wanting to know, Bondar Crystal is a PVP server if that is your thing.

Patch today:

1.0.2 Patch Notes 1/4/2012

General
    Guilds that are currently leaderless will have an Officer chosen and promoted to Guild Leader.

Classes and Combat
    Sith Inquisitor
    The Darth title is now properly granted to Sith Inquisitors.

Bug Fixes
    Corrected an issue that could prevent players from taking cover when targeting large NPCs.
    Fixed a bug that caused some abilities with activation times to be interrupted when used from cover.

Crew Skills

Gathering
    Removed some high-level harvesting nodes from Tatooine, Corellia, and Ilum.

Flashpoints and Operations
    Flashpoints

Cademimu
    General Ortol can no longer be pulled out of his room.

Maelstrom Prison
    Corrected an issue that could cause Kilran to behave incorrectly when defeated in cover.
    Taral V
    General Edikar now has the correct loot in Hard Mode and no longer enrages in Normal Mode.

Operations
    Eternity Vault
    Gharj can no longer be pulled out of his encounter room.

Bug Fixes
    Fixed an issue that could cause choosing Nightmare Mode to not set enemies to Nightmare difficulty.

Items
    General

PvP lockboxes now cost 70 commendations, contain more consumables, and always contain an item.

Bug Fixes

Corrected several PvP items that were Bind on Equip. They are now Bind on Pickup.
    PvP vendors on Capital Planets now offer the correct PvP items.
    Commendations received via in-game mail are now correctly added to the Currency tab.

Missions and NPCs
    Missions
    Imperial

Number One with a Bullet: Players who choose dark side options now correctly receive the mission First Strike after completing this mission.
    First Strike: Players who did not receive this mission will now receive it upon entering their personal starships.

Republic

Death Cloud: Players can now complete the "Toxic Waste" bonus objective regardless of how quickly they complete this mission.

Bug Fixes

Corrected mission steps on several planets that could cause client instability.
    Fixed issues with some missions that could prevent pending rewards from being accepted.

Space Combat
    Bug Fixes

Fixed an issue that caused a client crash if a space station was destroyed in Space Combat.

UI
    Maps

Group members no longer appear on all planets on the Galaxy Map.
    Corrected an issue that could cause map notes to disappear after logging out and back into the game.
    Corrected some map notes that referenced the incorrect map.
    Updated map notes for "travel to planet" steps in class missions on Nar Shaddaa, Hoth, and Belsavis to indicate the planet's space station.

Bug Fixes

Group members outside of a player's phase are no longer prompted to roll on items.
    The In-Game Customer Service Portal no longer appears to hang while the "updating" message is displayed.
    The Guild interface now properly displays the guild member list when it is sorted.
    The "Show Sith Corruption" option no longer toggles off when transitioning between areas.

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes

Taxi rides are no longer occasionally interrupted, causing the player to be dropped from the taxi.
    Using the /dismiss command now correctly dismisses a vanity pet.
    Corrected some issues that could cause players to become stuck on the loading screen when logging into a character.
    Players can now use emotes while riding a vehicle.
    Fixed a bug that prevented some text-only mail messages from being received.
    Graphics preferences in settings files are now consistent with actual settings in use.
    Being in Do Not Disturb mode no longer prevents characters from being logged out for being away.
    Corrected an issue that caused poor performance on some machines in indoor areas with shadows enabled.
    Fixed an issue that could prevent players from being logged out for inactivity.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Moved to new category.
    Moved to new category.
    the force is strong with you

• NecropolisNecropolis Hawarden, Wales Icrontian
    Is it worth picking up? I have played WoW and STO to death and am considering picking a copy up but with no free trial I am hesitant
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    You get a month of included playtime, though at least in my case, it still required that I get a subscription before getting online. I am liking the hell out of it, though.
    edited January 2012
    Is it worth picking up? I have played WoW and STO to death and am considering picking a copy up but with no free trial I am hesitant
    Do you like Star Wars?
    Do you like Bioware's story driven, decision making gamestyle?
    Did you ever want a light saber or to be Boba Fett?

If any of those are yes, then I highly recommend the game
  • JBoogalooJBoogaloo This too shall pass... Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Do you like Star Wars?
    Do you like Bioware's story driven, decision making gamestyle?
    Did you ever want a light saber or to be Boba Fett?

If any of those are yes, then I highly recommend the game
    This, this, and this...couldn't have said it better.
  • ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    I made a couple of characters on the server. Xiang and Houka.
    edited January 2012
    I've put Xiang on my friends list, but haven't seen you online yet (since you told me name on twitter) to add you to the guild. I'll add Houka also
  • MiracleManSMiracleManS Chambersburg, PA Icrontian
    I'm still fighting myself to keep from getting this game. I don't see it lasting past my birthday (which is Monday).
    I'm still fighting myself to keep from getting this game. I don't see it lasting past my birthday (which is Monday).
    In the famous words of Emperor Palpatine "If you will not be turned, you will be destroyed!"

Just sayin...
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    I'm still fighting myself to keep from getting this game.
    I know that feel bro.

A Bioware KotOR game designed to keep me playing as long as possible would be the end of me but I still want it.

• ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho King Madison Heights, MI Icrontian
    I've put Xiang on my friends list, but haven't seen you online yet (since you told me name on twitter) to add you to the guild. I'll add Houka also
    I have been splitting my time on other characters. I will play with you guys this weekend. One guild is not a hardcore guild and the other server I am just there cause my gf friend sister asked me to join there. But I want a more perma server to level and raid.
    I have been splitting my time on other characters. I will play with you guys this weekend. One guild is not a hardcore guild and the other server I am just there cause my gf friend sister asked me to join there. But I want a more perma server to level and raid.
    good deal.
    :thumbsup:
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Got a level 5 Bounty hunter running around on Bondar Crystal, will update when I hit 10
    Got a level 5 Bounty hunter running around on Bondar Crystal, will update when I hit 10
    name? we can add you to the Guild at level 1 :D

Add Zylr to your friends list and send me a whisper. I'll be playing tonight
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Character's name is Tarn, I wont be on tonight (Little bro wants to play now) I'll likely be on tomorrow however.
    I just bought the game using my B&N gift card from a presentation. $18 shipped to my door? Don't mind if I do.

I'll update when I install/get started
    I just bought the game using my B&N gift card from a presentation. $18 shipped to my door? Don't mind if I do.

I'll update when I install/get started
    awesome! let us know your name when you get your toon made. pretty sure @JBoogaloo and I will be spanking Flashpoints tonight for social points, so just send us a whisper in game and we'll add ya to the guild

Oh, the name you may want to whisper is Ukwtakun - my character, lol! Pretty sure an in-game Jboogaloo doesn't exist.

@fatcat Ill see ya on this evening dude. Gotta get in a run, dinner, then some homework.
    edited January 2012
    Game arrives today. I have some things to take care of from 7-9pm, but I'll install and be ready to go late tonight.

Edit: Wait, you're empire? That makes me sad...I'll still join up, but unlikely to be my focus.
    edited January 2012
    Game arrives today. I have some things to take care of from 7-9pm, but I'll install and be ready to go late tonight.

Edit: Wait, you're empire? That makes me sad...I'll still join up, but unlikely to be my focus.
    makes me sad you think republic is better than the empire

Bounty Hunters, check.
    Force choke, check.
    force lightning, check.
    force push, check.
    force kick, check.
    more romance options, check.
    snipers, check.
    FUS RO DAH! check.
    did I mention flame throwers? check.

but if you think the boring Jedi code is better, well.

makes me sad you think republic is better than the empire

Bounty Hunters, check.
    Force choke, check.
    force lightning, check.
    force push, check.
    force kick, check.
    more romance options, check.
    snipers, check.
    FUS RO DAH! check.
    did I mention flame throwers? check.

but if you think the boring Jedi code is better, well.
    I'll still be playing some Empire, but I have a thing for "good guys" and being on the side with the worst population.
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    Alright, alright. I'm going out to buy it and a game time card right now.

I'm throwing down 90 bucks and...even consenting to...ugh...putting Origin on my computer for this.

I already feel dirty. This game better rock.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Do you have to use Origin for it? I downloaded it and can launch it outside of Origin.
  • CycloniteCyclonite Tampa, Florida Icrontian
    Origin isn't required.