League of Legends anyone?

Comments

• RexxarRexxar Maryland Icrontian
    Anyone else tried doing the review cases for LoL? I am currently on my 15th one cause im bored and only once have I pardoned someone. The LoL community is just plain bad I have no hope for it hah.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Alright, tried a solo queue today for the first time in several months, I despise every minute of it (Still ongoing waiting to rez at the moment) I need to take part in a premade this is terrible.
    add nightstalks that my LoL guy we can team up (:

sweet, on it.
  • ghbutlerghbutler Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    People who think they are good with overpowered champions (e.g. tryndamere, akali, garen, etc) deserve a good slap in the face.
    Hey don't diss my Garen man. He spins to win! Tryn is pretty easy to take down if you know how to (stuns, holddown, ignite etc). If you really want to take down Akali get that potion that allows you to see invisible units and gank her.
  • NLichtmanNLichtman Spring Valley, CA
    Tryndamere and Garen are easily countered with Thornmail or any hard crowd control effect. Also, when running from Tryndamere, it is possible to dodge his slow by turning to face him. Some people are very good at it. Sivir can use her shield to negate it as well as anyone using Banshee's Veil.

Akali is easily countered by any crowd control effect and Oracle's Elixir.

Then again, adding more Armor, Magic Resist and Health can also help to prevent many of these issues.
  • MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    Yeah, i'm not sure what you're on about. Akali gets a powerful start by being able to make better trades in lane due to her stealth, but pink wards (oracles are too expensive) allow you to trade back, making her less aggressive and less likely to snowball out of control... and that's how you deal with ANY assassin - don't let them snowball.

Garen is not overpowered and WAT. Teemo counters him easily top, if you're looking to counterpick; otherwise he's only good to keep around for his ult and his silence. So, count the time on his ult and act like you have less health than you really do (same goes for Cho'Gath), and pick him off with any range. Early game, try to harass as safely as possible; he'll win on trades against most melee. Remember to shut his passive off if you're beating him, otherwise he'll come back.

The trick to Tryndamere is stuns, stuns, stuns, ignite, and farm deny (this is why he's not a GREAT jungler; he relies on farm). Teemo, the top-lane batman, is really good for farm deny. Try to take as few hits as possible when his ult is up (max fury bar HURTS), and get your ignite off. If you have a low CC team, enjoy the pain. Remember that if you're the support or AD carry, Trynd is likely to attempt to break the bruiser line and burst you down; so save some sort of getaway for that (and, AD carries, DON'T try to eat the enemy AD carry if tryn is between you and them!)
    Tryndamere and Garen are easily countered with Thornmail or any hard crowd control effect. Also, when running from Tryndamere, it is possible to dodge his slow by turning to face him. Some people are very good at it. Sivir can use her shield to negate it as well as anyone using Banshee's Veil.

Akali is easily countered by any crowd control effect and Oracle's Elixir.

Then again, adding more Armor, Magic Resist and Health can also help to prevent many of these issues.
    1) Hehehehehehehehe you think JUST thornmail counters trynd, hehehehe that's funny.
    2) Any stealth champion is countered by OE and any champion can be countered with CC
    3) Why didn't you just say that instead of making 2 pointless statements?
    Yeah, i'm not sure what you're on about. Akali gets a powerful start by being able to make better trades in lane due to her stealth, but pink wards (oracles are too expensive) allow you to trade back, making her less aggressive and less likely to snowball out of control... and that's how you deal with ANY assassin - don't let them snowball.

Garen is not overpowered and WAT. Teemo counters him easily top, if you're looking to counterpick; otherwise he's only good to keep around for his ult and his silence. So, count the time on his ult and act like you have less health than you really do (same goes for Cho'Gath), and pick him off with any range. Early game, try to harass as safely as possible; he'll win on trades against most melee. Remember to shut his passive off if you're beating him, otherwise he'll come back.

The trick to Tryndamere is stuns, stuns, stuns, ignite, and farm deny (this is why he's not a GREAT jungler; he relies on farm). Teemo, the top-lane batman, is really good for farm deny. Try to take as few hits as possible when his ult is up (max fury bar HURTS), and get your ignite off. If you have a low CC team, enjoy the pain. Remember that if you're the support or AD carry, Trynd is likely to attempt to break the bruiser line and burst you down; so save some sort of getaway for that (and, AD carries, DON'T try to eat the enemy AD carry if tryn is between you and them!)
    1) The problem is, she's designed to snowball, if you can't CC her in time, say goodbye to your team
    2) Garen is one of the few champions that does tons of damage without having to build any damage items. Have you seen his ratios, ands don't get me started on his passive....
    3) After trynd gets a phantom dancer and infinity edge, he gets 90% crit, the only champion in the game that has that. You can deny him all you want, but the fact of the matter is, once he gets those 2 items, he's unstoppable, unless you can control him. Seriously, I have seen a 0-12 trynd penta kill my team twice because my team forgot to CC him, even though I tol them to do so. He only had 3 items, PD, IE, and beserker greaves, and that was enough for 2 penta kills.

Wait, why am I listening to scrubs.........
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    How very endearing.

• MyrmidonMyrmidon Baron von Puttenham California Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    Are you serious right now? Save that kind of shit for in game anonymous people. We're just trying to help you out and talk shop.

Besides, half the shit you said agreed with the things I said. Why be rude about it?
  • TiberiusLazarusTiberiusLazarus Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    Civility be damned. This guy is so much better than all of us.[/sarcasm]

But in all seriousness:
    Save that kind of shit for in game anonymous people.
    that attitude doesn't fly for long around here and you've had it since you started posting here.
    "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" Enough said
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    edited January 2012

1) The problem is, she's designed to snowball, if you can't CC her in time, say goodbye to your team
    2) Garen is one of the few champions that does tons of damage without having to build any damage items. Have you seen his ratios, ands don't get me started on his passive....
    3) After trynd gets a phantom dancer and infinity edge, he gets 90% crit, the only champion in the game that has that. You can deny him all you want, but the fact of the matter is, once he gets those 2 items, he's unstoppable, unless you can control him. Seriously, I have seen a 0-12 trynd penta kill my team twice because my team forgot to CC him, even though I tol them to do so. He only had 3 items, PD, IE, and beserker greaves, and that was enough for 2 penta kills.

You can counter Garen easily by kiting him, he's also got a pitiful lategame. Tryn is a crit monster, but again, good cc and kiting. Akali is what she is, you just have to focus her like any other high burst champ. There's a method for dealing with every champ and every situation in LoL, once you understand that and learn to implement it in an efficient manner you won't ever have problems with these champions. Also, I don't appreciate you calling my LoL mates scrubs.
  • LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    Stop being a jerk here. Final warning.
  • Hey, sorry if this off topic to the current debate... Just wanted to say hi, played LoL with a group of awesome people yesterday who introduced me to this site. My user is AgentSheep if anyone wants to play :P

back to current topic, I feel like tryn is scary and is hard to cc and kite because he can just come into the middle of a team fight where it is most chaotic and just do a sweep. You cant exactly counter that when you already used a majority of your skills/cc in the team fight. I guess that makes the difference between a good tryn and bad one?
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    Hey sheep! Good to see you on the forums. :)
    Wilkommen AgentSheep.

If you want to play a few rounds I'll add you on League later tonight XP
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    Welcome to Icrontic, AgentSheep!
  • Sheep! Glad to see you wandered here.

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    Hilarious!
  • I'm not even one of them :o
    edited January 2012

• I have entitled this one "Y day nurf riven?!"

• RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    edited January 2012
    As you probably know by now, they're coming!

I'll admit that I play WAY more AI matches then PvP. At first it was just for the less-impact practice. Now it's more for "I don't want to deal with @$$hats at the moment" which has happened in every dang PvP match I've been in. So I'm very excited for this update, especially the Dominion AI.
    Riot can *phrase that sums up what my livid and brutal rage would wish upon them*

My wrath would be great and terrible.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Business as usual early game smack talk