The Enchantment Thread

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited February 2012 in Minecraft
Let's see what you guys have created out there. I just got lucky on a level 28. The community is now in possession of this bad boy:

High5 to Spence. She was created at your house :) I've also done level 28 on a diamond and an iron pick axe. Both I received Efficiency III.

-Digi

Comments

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    What I wouldn't give for that shovel, it would have made clearing out the ballfield so much easier. I must have gone through 100 stone shovels. I still haven't found much iron to even get into iron tools yet...
  • GorzoGorzo Columbus, OH
    Got super lucky with a 38 diamond shovel (yay exp grinders) and landed a Unbreaking III, Efficiency III, Silk Touch shovel of my dreams. I will now spend all of my levels on high-end picks until I get Fortune. yay!
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    So thankful you put that in for the community. Silk Touch will be a godsend for collecting otherwise impossible to grab blocks.

I just hope people ONLY use it for grabbing those special blocks. Still, it should last quite a while with Diamond Unbreaking III, haha!
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    So thankful you put that in for the community. Silk Touch will be a godsend for collecting otherwise impossible to grab blocks.

I just hope people ONLY use it for grabbing those special blocks. Still, it should last quite a while with Diamond Unbreaking III, haha!
    To elaborate on this a bit, I will be controlling the Digi-shovel. I will help with any projects that may require it. For example I pulled a grass block out of my lawn for a player yesterday that would have had to bridge across 4 plots to get grass naturally. Just hit me up if you need something.

Note: I had read that silk touch anything would pull the full list of blocks but have already verified that I can not grab coal or redstone with my shovel.

Canti hit jackpot last night with a fortune III diamond pick. I know who I'll be hitting up next time I find diamonds :-)

-Digi
  • Do I win?

• RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    Just received Unbreaking III on a Diamond pick axe.
    And I have a Silk touch diamond shovel.
  • carwolfcarwolf Member
    edited February 2012
    I have 1 with Silk Touch / 1 with Unbreaking 3 Fortune 2 Efficiency 3 both diamond pick's
  • I now have a Fortune 3 / Unbreaking 3 / Efficiency 4 Pick message me in game
    if you find diamond i will come out and mine it up for you
  • What level did you have to be to create that? It's amazing!
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    50 apparently, still an awesome pick.
  • CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    I got an Unbreaking III on a Diamond Pick. I was level 29.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Enchanting

If you're really curious about chances for getting certain enchants on certain things, this has all the probability calculations laid out.
  • GorzoGorzo Columbus, OH
    There is a program out there that lets you put in the item and # of levels and it tells you what % chance you will get with that combination of getting what enchantments. I have the 1.0 version of it and can mediafire it if anyone wants it, but it's from 1.0 and doesn't have bows (or anything else they may have added/changed in 1.1) and I haven't looked for the updated program yet.
  • I must be doing it wrong.

I used an enchanting table surrounded by bookshelves. I came in at level fifty. No matter how many times I picked up the pickaxe and put it back down, I couldn't get an enchantment above level 47 to appear. I decided to take my chances. I ended up with an Efficiency/Silk Touch combo. LAME. Waste of 47 levels and a diamond pickaxe. Also waste of a RL week at the Blaze grinder.

Now I gotta go find more diamonds.
    I'm interested what you guys are going for? I would be stoked to get silk touch by itself. Let alone in a combo.

I crafted together the remains of four diamond picks (2 efficiency IV, 1 efficiency III) to get one at about 95% then I used the 16 levels I had and got unbreaking II efficiency II. Stoked with that.

-Digi
  • Fortune and unbreaking are what I was really hoping for on my pickaxe. The efficiency will be nice for mining obsidian, but silk touch instead of fortune means it isn't useful for mining resources like diamond any more.
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    I want a fortune and unbreaking is what I really want.
    Getting fed up with enchanting.. spend 31 levels on a pick and get silk touch.

I guess we can have plenty of stone for Grand central to lay somewhere instead of smelting it.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    I don't think you guys are whining hard enough.
    Offering slightly used Eff III Fortune II Diamond pick for slightly used/new Diamond Pick with Silk Touch

-Digi
    New Diamond Sword, 44 levels

Sharpness IV
    Knockback II
    Fire Aspect II

I love it!

Grinding for a new pick now.

-Digi
    Finished up my Cave Spider XP farm, Dual Spawner, works like a charm. Got to level 42 while cleaning up the area, threw it at a diamond pick and FINALLY got silk touch. Only silk touch, but silk touch none the less.

-Digi
    I've been hooked on Nether hunting to pick up some gold and Ghast Tears. I've pulled 2 Gold Swords from pigmen. One with Sharpness and the other with Sharpness II and Knockback.

Just hit a Diamond sword with 48 levels and got Smite V, Looting III. I've got my Enderman Sword! :D

-Digi