ICMC: Friendship Is Magic The Gathering

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited February 2012 in Minecraft
What: Exploration of Disembowelment of a stronghold

When: Thursday March1st, 6:30pm PST / 9:30pm EST

Where: I will be leading the party there.

Why: All you need to know is that the stronghold is tainted. It must be destroyed. We will take every block of stone brick, mossy stone brick, cracked stone brick and iron door we can get our hands on.... and burn the library. We will split it all up in the end to all attending miners that want some and the community castle build. We will be working on a semi-honor system. If anyone tries to take more then their fair share, I will know and then you will not get any along with build perms removed for a week.

The End? Not on that day. But the planning of a trip to the end will begin that day.

Details: I will lead everyone out there at the specified time. We will explore the stronghold and map it out to the best we can. Then I will give the signal and we will rip it apart.

-Digi

Comments

• CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I understand looting the stronghold for valuables but tearing it down completely? If I understand correctly there is only one of these in the server. Why do we want to destroy it rather than leave it for people to explore?
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    In pre-1.0, stronholds were limited to one per map. This was updated.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    There are more and I will be preserving the Ender Portal. The rest of your question was answered next to "Why" in the OP. Further concerns on this please PM me.

-Digi
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    I'd love to get into this!
  • GorzoGorzo Columbus, OH
    My only question - Magic the Gathering? Are we tapping mountains for red mana before we go in?
    Nope, but you can tap the forest for Green before we go and cast enchantments on your equipment ;)

-Digi
  • RahnalH102RahnalH102 the Green Devout, Veteran Monster Hunter, Creature Enthusiast New Mexico Icrontian
    I'll bring my artifact creatures and their mana generators so that I can summon the all powerful DRA- oh this is Minecraft ... I'll get my stone sword then.
  • I'll bring some moxen.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    STOP CROSSING THE STREAMS...... {runs away in confusion}
    edited February 2012
    STOP CROSSING THE STREAMS...... {runs away in confusion}
    Uses Ghostbusters reference... to ask to stop the references

-Digi

Bump... Soon

-Digi
  • BHHammyBHHammy Somewhere in Hell Icrontian
    Since this is all happening on Derpy day, I make a motion for all of use to stand in the ruins after the job is done and say at the same time on Ventrilo the following line:

"I just don't know what went wrong!"
    Hey guys. Jens mentioned that the Minecraft update to 1.2 is happening VERY soon. And actually the date implied is either today, or tomorrow on the day this is supposed to happen.

What do?
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    We won't update at least until Bukkit updates.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Word, don't forget fools. This in an hour.
    Fire pit outside of spawn in 20 minutes

Bring Tools and Armor

-Digi
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    I wanted to join, but the laptop I brought with me to the windy city is not good enough to run Minecraft, apparently. :/
  • UPSMatLUPSMatL Metal Maniac Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    I would like to have my share of what we mined , Thanks!
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    My share goes to the community, was fun guys!
    I arrived a bit late to the party, but I brought a ton of supplies.

I wouldn't mind some of the bricks, keep the mats for the community/Digi/whoever to use.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    I would also like to have my fair share, please.

Thanks for setting this up Digi, and everyone that participated. I didn't even know we were having this event; I just happened to hop on at the right time. I had a blast. Especially when we all started trolling Lynx over and over. And over.

Also, damn dogs, hiding in blocks and jumping out to ambush us!
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    That was a lot of fun. Most of my share will go to community, I may take a few blocks for fun tho.
    edited March 2012
    What a crazy night. We cleared an entire stronghold. I am floored at how fast it was done.

10523 Stone Bricks
    5839 Mossy Stone Bricks
    3992 Cracked Stone Bricks
    23 Wood Doors
    53 Iron Doors
    308 Iron Bars

I would say it went about 90% smooth. It seems I did not make it clear we were not mining minerals as it took quite a bit to get that point across and even when I thought I had, it continued.

Took the group a while to figure out that I had encased the Ender Portal room in bedrock. Alas I am not perfect and it seems I missed a block on top. Two of our players decided that mining around the portal room until they found it was a good idea. How many times did I say to stick to mining Stone Bricks? It is possible that either of these players entered The End. A lot of stuff is forgivable. It would have simply took a message from either of them "hey there is a hole" or something. Instead nothing. This is by my definition unacceptable. I don't know what I am going to do yet.

We also had a few players leave unannounced that may not have been familiar with what we were doing (collective chests, divvy up later). If you took any stone brick away from the Strong Hold and wish to have it counted in our haul. Please deliver it to the donations chest at spawn.

With over 20000 blocks, 1/2 split up between ~20 players we are looking at about 500 blocks each. Sweet, sweet stone brick. To claim your share, post here. You can donate your share to the Community if you wish and it will go towards the castle build.

-Digi
  • UPSWeezerUPSWeezer Behind you... GENTLEMEN Icrontian
    What a great haul! On behalf of NateDog and myself, we would like our share. :D
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    I'm hoping said mineral mining didn't occur in my claim... since the stronghold overlaps it. o_o
    I'm hoping said mineral mining didn't occur in my claim... since the stronghold overlaps it. o_o
    You caught me before I sent you a PM. Incoming Shortly.

-Digi
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    I'm bummed I missed this event. I'm glad everyone had fun.
  • UPSKingpinUPSKingpin Sir Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    I want my cut!

Really, most of it will probably be donated right back, but I may be able to use a few things. Great and hilarious adventure, awesome night.
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    I don't want any of it. Would have liked to see the end portal though, I was wondering how all that bedrock got there like it did.
  • branmysonbranmyson Ekalaka, MT
    I just got out of the stone age and figured that it was in my best interests not to be a constantly dying man. Sounds like you all had fun though!