Battlefield 3 DLC

boasistboasist Troy
edited March 2012 in Gaming
First one dropping soon called Close Quarters- will feature smaller maps designed for quick combat. - June Release

Yet, in the future Armoured Kill DLC will drop featuring LARGEST BATTLEFIELD MAP EVER will be release with new mobile artillery, tanks, and ATVs. - Autumn release

The final DLC called End Game, well, we really don't know too much about these yet. - Winter Release

They are being shown off at GDC this week.

Comments

• QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    Hmmm... sounds like we have a fair bit to look forward to!
  • pigflipperpigflipper The Forgotten Coast Icrontian
    I'd settle for a glitch fixing update...
  • QCHQCH Ancient Guru Chicago Area - USA Icrontian
    THAT is a must and update punkbuster OFTEN, like weekly.
  • I tested some of the metaban plugins, but they added an unpleasant amount of lag.

On topic, I look forward to these, price shouldn't be too bad. Eventually it'd be awesome to see something like 2142 added as DLC.
    I would like more helo and jet options, which we will probably get with the second DLC.

But seriously, I'm tired as fuck of getting killed because of the MAV, either the surf glitch or the indestructible glitch and by prone glitchers. A big yes to more PB updates as well, it is getting absurd the number of toggle hacks I am seeing; you are not legit if you are 90-1 in 5 minutes, no matter how hard you might declare your innocence.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Procon is what you are using right now, right? Is metaban what people use for autokicks based on weapons on the maps where they choose to limit it?
  • Metaban is a database of players filled up by the community. So if you get pwned from player XXXXXXX38478, you can report him to the database, after so many reports, that player will be active on the ban list. A Procon plugin....yes.

So it should work better than PB, anything would right now.
    Metabans is a community driven database of players. You can use it to report your findings on a player
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Armoured Kill DLC
    Most hilariously uninspired name ever?
    I'd settle for a glitch fixing update...
    Silly Piggy, they can't make money by doing that...

I know... :-(
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    Wtf is 'Armoured Kill' even supposed to mean? At least Armoured Fury in BF2 made some sense.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Metaban is a database of players filled up by the community. So if you get pwned from player XXXXXXX38478, you can report him to the database, after so many reports, that player will be active on the ban list. A Procon plugin....yes.

So it should work better than PB, anything would right now.
    Cool, didn't want to search at work due to gaming filters on firewall
  • BlackHawkBlackHawk Bible music connoisseur There's no place like 127.0.0.1 Icrontian
    I'm a sucker for Battlefield so I'll probably buy all DLC's but I won't believe biggest map ever until I see it. None of the maps in BF3 are even close to as a big as the ones in BF1942.
  • NiGHTSNiGHTS San Diego Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    Wtf is 'Armoured Kill' even supposed to mean? At least Armoured Fury in BF2 made some sense.
    To me, it says a large, vehicle-based map like Heavy Rain for Bad Company 2. I'm happy to report it makes sense to someone.
  • I'm a sucker for Battlefield so I'll probably buy all DLC's but I won't believe biggest map ever until I see it. None of the maps in BF3 are even close to as a big as the ones in BF1942.
    They are claiming BF3 will have more DLC than any other BF. So that would put it over 20 DLC at some point. At probably $15 a pop I'll be a little more selective with which DLC I purchase.
  • I'm a sucker for Battlefield so I'll probably buy all DLC's but I won't believe biggest map ever until I see it. None of the maps in BF3 are even close to as a big as the ones in BF1942.
    EXACTLY :(