ICMC: IC Castle

BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats !TX Icrontian
edited March 2012 in Minecraft
Castle Planning/Building has begun. We have an enchantment library that will be the centerpiece of the next build: The Warehouse. It will feature Storage for every block in the game, Mass Storage for cobble, dirt, sand and anything else that becomes abundant, and personal lockers for each member on the server that includes chests, Furnaces, a work bench, bed and Brewing Stand.

The warehouse will be wrapped around the current Enchanting Library. Library Techs (Whoever built the door setup in the Library) Is it possible to put a door on the other side of the Library so we can have an entrance from the Warehouse?

A sample of the layouts of the warehouse sections is setup on the Warehouse plot over by the library. Have a look and if you have any comments or ideas, let us know. If you want to help with building, be there tomorrow (Saturday March 10th) at 8pm eastern when they start the build. Ryokyo will be leading the build and advising on positioning and such. If you want to help with materials, Ryokyo can advise what we will need.

Once the Warehouse is done we can start stock piling for the Castle. The outer wall of the castle will be 250 x 250. I will lay out an outline in game asap.

-Digi

Comments

• carwolfcarwolf Member
    edited March 2012
    Most of the Warehouse IS now built we do need help building mass storage basement
    and sorting out items inside
  • UPSHitmanUPSHitman The Big Nasty Indianapolis, Indiana Icrontian
    I'll be on tonight Adam.
  • UPSMatLUPSMatL Metal Maniac Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    We rocked that warehouse last night ! Ill be on tonight to help some more prolly around 8
  • Need wood for chest's
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Warehouse looks freaking sweet. Mad mad MAD props to Ryo on this one.

And no Digi, there will be no building of doors on the opposite side. That would essentially require tearing the whole thing down and redoing it, or making it very easy to griefsquish someone and take their fancy diamond equips and hard-ground levels. The way Ryo designed it you barely have to walk outside anyway, so I don't feel this is a problem.
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    to griefsquish someone and take their fancy diamond equips and hard-ground levels
    WTF? If that ever happens anywhere on our server, I will be happy to ban said griefer.

Thank you for the input on the library.

-Digi
    A project for the interested:

Make a proper room out of the Zombie Grider. Wall it up with a cool design. Put a door on it similar to the library that locks when someone enters. Along with a lock, run the signal up to the Substation to an 'occupied' torch. Possibly put the locked door at the substation.

-Digi
  • would have to put a reset button on outside in case someone D/c inside
    Good point. Maybe not a lock but just an automatic in use indicator light. Everyone on the server is pretty good at leaving people be when they know someone is down there. Then we can have a reset available if needed.

-Digi
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    The would work around the squish thing, bigger problem as I see it is that we have 3 redstone stacks in the pillars in the 'corners' were other doors would go. Might be possible to amalgamate a pair but that's still a serious rebuild.

I'll throw up a vacancy sign at the grinder.

Also rejigging the grinder station a little, it will be under someone's plot eventually so could do with being dropped another 4 or 5 blocks.

The would work around the squish thing, bigger problem as I see it is that we have 3 redstone stacks in the pillars in the 'corners' were other doors would go. Might be possible to amalgamate a pair but that's still a serious rebuild.

I'll throw up a vacancy sign at the grinder.
    I think he was talking about a system for use at a possible future grinder built with the spawner in the warehouse; with the way the warehouse is built sorta open around the library, I don't think a door facing the inside would improve it much anyway. A sign at the current grinder would me neat, though.

I do think we could pipe zombies up and over somewhere for a grinder in/near the warehouse, though I think going down with it to the basement and beyond would be simpler and would require less redesign of the warehouse. We should, in fact, be able to drop them straight down through the floor surrounding the spawner and pipe them down to a sub-basement. Might even have a little winding staircase around the pipe to go between next to the spawner and down where they drop to, and a button you can click to signal "in use."

tl;dr Lots of ideas for grinder, shouldn't require much warehouse rework.
    Also rejigging the grinder station a little, it will be under someone's plot eventually so could do with being dropped another 4 or 5 blocks.

That's not under public plot?
    I was actually talking about the current grinder. Not really sure if the spawner in the warehouse will be used for XP yet but if it does it will indeed go down instead of up through the lockers.

-Digi
    I was actually talking about the current grinder. Not really sure if the spawner in the warehouse will be used for XP yet but if it does it will indeed go down instead of up through the lockers.

-Digi

Oh.

:B

The grinder itself I think is under castle land. The top entrance is on a future residential plot currently

-Digi

The grinder itself I think is under castle land. The top entrance is on a future residential plot currently

-Digi
    Oh, okay. It is more westish than I thought.
    So, the area to the east of the warehouse is going to be used for castle stuff, right? Do we have a general area mapped out? I'd like to work on clearing that to try to reduce the spawns we get on that end of town. Essentially, how far east and south can I clear?
    250 out in every direction from spawn, should be somewhere around 125 out from the current corner of town. Keep the Village in mind please, call it a perimeter of 20 blocks out from it should be left natural (well... as natural as possible at this point).

-Digi
    Sounds great. Thanks! :D
    Since the warehouse is built, and there's enough lockers for at least everyone active if not everyone registered, would it be okay to go ahead and claim/start using them? I'm still shooting for 401 and Basil's still in for 402.