Exalted (RPG)

TheAlertHuskyTheAlertHusky Victoria BC Member
edited March 2012 in Gaming
I bet this is new!

I think that maybe we should start an Icrontic Exalted game! (or game thread)
Exalted is a pen and paper RPG that was created by White wolf publishing.
It's actually a really fun game and I think a lot of people here would enjoy it! (I swear I'm not generalizing here >.> <.< )

And I'm almost 100% sure that at least Fitzkreig will approve

Comments

• midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    You thinking about running Lunars, Solars, Dragonblooded...normal humans...?
  • TheAlertHuskyTheAlertHusky Victoria BC Member
    I'm thinking a game with Lunars, Solars and Dragonblooded.

I'm a beginner GM though so it probably won't be the best game ever :b
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    Hell I love RPGs count me in mate! (My activity on TTW has been dying recently, due to a lack of 3.5, Cyberpunk, etc.) and I need an interesting concept to take part in.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    I'm thinking a game with Lunars, Solars and Dragonblooded.

I'm a beginner GM though so it probably won't be the best game ever :b
    Then as someone who has been a beginner recently enough to remember it, let me offer you some advice: KISS. Exalted is great, but the three "races" are almost like three different styles of game, and certainly three different power-levels. Trying to run a game like that effectively and over the interwebbytubes would be difficult for even a seasoned ST. For a beginner, you just might accidentally your brain, and unless you've got very patient and experienced players, the campaign will fizzle unspectacularly before you've had a chance to learn anything other than what I just told you. Exalted will be a tough enough system as it is; don't over-complicate it.

If after a few sessions you feel up for the challenge, try running a one-off that's a bit more complex and gauge off how that goes. If you've got established players it's much easier to fail spectacularly without losing them.
  • kryystkryyst Ontario, Canada
    I'd suggest stick to the core book until you are really comfortable with the rules. Even with the core book things can get ridiculous very fast.
    @midga Thanks for the advice man! I think I might try a one off or something of the sort (as you suggested) to gauge my GM power level.
    If you are planning a One off pre-make the characters. Then let your group decide which ones they want to play. Also try and make them rather straight forward for their given archetypes.
    @kryyst (nice name :b) and thanks for the help friend! I'll make up a few character.
    Check out http://rpg-tools.org/generators/index.php for some handy exalted and other RPG tools. The battle wheel is extremely usefull bordering on mandatory for Exalted.
    Hey! Thanks man!