Router Ports

edited March 2012 in Internet & Media
I bought a cellphone signal booster ("network extender"), which requires its own router port. My router's sole ethernet port is used for Airport Express' wireless internet device. Do routers come with 2 ports? Is there another solution?

Comments

• Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    Yes, many wireless and multi-port LAN ported routers exist, and one I like a LOT is the Cisco Linksys E4200, which supports wireless via WiFi (b/g/n) and also has 4 10/100/1000 wired LAN ports. Advice, get the rev B E4200 if both rev A4 and rev B are available. Rev B came out late last year, and fixes some things in the Rev A which some people complained about. Note, I did end up talking with Cisco support as the fast connect setup for Wifi on CD did not work with my Lenovo laptop.

If you only need a 10/100 4 port wired router because you just need ports and no Wifi, I have one for VERY cheap that is among my accumulated older stuff. You can PM me if you are in the US and want more info.
  • I do need the wifi. Thanks for replying. I'll look into your suggestions.--Alan
  • Straight_ManStraight_Man Geeky, in my own way Naples, FL Icrontian
    Welcome any time.

John