GameStop says next Xbox 'unlikely' to have anti-used game technology

ChoochChooch K-Pop authority™, Pho KingMadison Heights, MI Icrontian
edited March 2012 in Gaming

Comments

• CantiZac Lewis =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    Sounds more like hopeful thinking on GameStop's part. If Kotaku is right this has the potential to put GameStop out of business.
  • TheAlertHuskyTheAlertHusky Victoria BC Member
    Because GameStop are sooooo informed when it comes to technology (Went in one time and a guy didn't know what a NES was -_- )
  • KoreishBrad Meyer I'm a penguin, deal with it. KCMO Icrontian
    Gamestop would have a lot more support from me if there used game model was more like Vintage Stock's. Where you could get NES, Atari, Genesis, etc. games as well as newer gen. games. As it stands now however they only carry used games of the current console generation, there employees ahve admitted that the only reason they even carry PS2 games still is because they're still getting released slowly in Japan.
  • TheAlertHuskyTheAlertHusky Victoria BC Member
    Yeah I haven't been back to a gamestop since that fateful day. I've been getting all my games from bestbuy and junk. Because at least they know what the hell I'm talking about. And when it comes to buying "retro" games I normally just head on down to a pawn shop, they have the game and normally they're in decent condition which is always a plus. But (back on topic) if this software does end up being put on the new games, such as was done on BF3 (with the whole online code junk) I'll be out of gaming on consoles for a while because I only ever have enough to scrounge one or two used games.

An idea that the developers could use is selling all the used games on the online shops of the consoles (where you buy the points card and punch in the code to unlock it)And enable use of an external hard drive that you could plug into the console and use as the "disk" so to say. This would cut costs, keep us poor people in the gaming community and keep the actual company that makes the game having a somewhat solid income.

But that's just my opinion.
  • I just got my 360 last year now it's getting ready to go obsolete. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, OH WELL. COME ON HALO 4!