So I got a text about this on my phone today....

pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
edited March 2012 in The Pub

Comments

• primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    I like how Cheezburger just steals pictures it finds on the internet with no attribution, puts its own watermark on them, and rolls in the cash.
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    Well, at least I know I'm still awesome.
    YOU'RE STILL AWESOME and our parties, by FAR, are not the same without you
  • pseudonympseudonym Michigan Icrontian
    Aww shucks. Thanks.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    ICSP was far too low key without @pseudonym. At least until the spanish inquisition showed up, but then it cooled off again.
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    I like how Cheezburger just steals pictures it finds on the internet with no attribution, puts its own watermark on them, and rolls in the cash.
    DMCA takedown notice their hosting company.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    They're probably on GoDaddy, which means you could potentially bring the whole network down. Do it!
    Actually, it looks like they're hosted in multiple places.

Automattic, Inc & PEER 1 Network Inc

Possibly more, but I didn't check all the IPs they're using
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    DMCA takedown notice their hosting company.
    Seriously, do it. I'd love to see them die.
    (SPOILER: With DMCA takedown notices, the whole site doesn't get taken down, just the offending content. That is, unless the whole site is offending OR the only way to take down the offending content is to take down the whole site)
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    (SPOILER: With DMCA takedown notices, the whole site doesn't get taken down, just the offending content. That is, unless the whole site is offending OR the only way to take down the offending content is to take down the whole site)
    Don't pee in my cheerios, bro.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    Looks like there's an "Incorrect source or offensive" link so you can notify them that they used the photo without proper permission or attribution.
    I did and the response said I would hear back in 2-3 business days. lulz.
    I heard back and now they want a source link. Way to put the burden on the copyright holder.
  • ThraxThrax 🐌 Austin, TX Icrontian
    If you a file a DMCA takedown notice, the burden of proof is on the receiver, not the sender.
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    If we all lived on the farm together we could easily recreate the photo with the people current time. Minds blown.
  • fatcatfatcat Mizzou Icrontian
    LOL I had hair

I better get rich off this
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    If we all lived on the farm together...
    The ICCult idea again eh?

-Digi
  • CantiCanti =/= smalltime http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9K18CGEeiI&feature=related Icrontian
    If we all lived on the farm together we could easily recreate the photo with the people current time. Minds blown.
    I have a feeling that living on a farm together would not be required to do this.

• CrazyJoeCrazyJoe Winter Springs, FL Icrontian
    LOL I had hair

I better get rich off this
    Holy crap!! I didn't even recognize Fatcat with hair!! LOL
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    Cheezburger Network asked if I would submit a picture of mine for their book. I agreed, if they would give me a free copy of the book. They said no. They want all the IP for themselves, and have no intentions of compensating the original producer of the work. Bullshit if you ask me.
    They have now attributed it to Icrontic.
  • WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    fatcat hair has now been removed from the endangered species list and added to the dodo bird list.
  • TheAlertHuskyTheAlertHusky Victoria BC Member
    Still not as bad as 9gag