Computex 2012

primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' BoopinDetroit, MI Icrontian
edited March 2012 in Community
Well, it looks like I'll be heading to Taiwan to cover Computex 2012 in Taipei June 5th-9th.

This is my first time covering this show, and also my first time in Asia. I'm not sure exactly what my schedule is going to look like yet, but for those who have followed Computex coverage in the past or have been to Taipei, any advice for this noobie?

Comments

• WinfreyWinfrey waddafuh Missouri Icrontian
    Don't get Shanghai'd
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    Save up some money and hit up Japan while you're on the other side of the ocean. I found some cheap flights from TPE -> NRT while playing around with Expedia. I can give you a list of ridiculously amazing places to check out (here's #1).

I'm sure Taiwan is just as awesome, but if you could see even more while you're over there...
  • JengoJengo Pasco, WA | USA
    Sounds like a lot of fun. good luck! :)
  • bjbroderickbjbroderick Clinton Township, MI
    2 words. PIcture Menus.

That was the old days, though. Now you have Google Translate in your pocket...
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    edited March 2012
    @Gargoyle, not going to be possible. I'm going to be covering a trade show, which unfortunately doesn't leave any time to jet around. Plus, the trip is being sponsored, so I'm not at liberty to just take off.
  • GargGarg Purveyor of Lincoln Nightmares Icrontian
    I meant after the show, but yeah, if the trip is being sponsored, it may not be kosher to ask them to delay your return flight.
  • Good deal for you on Computex, but, no E3 for you this year?
  • MrTRiotMrTRiot Northern Ontario Icrontian
    That's awesome!! Stay in a capsule hotel if you can :P
    No E3 for me personally, but Icrontic will definitely be there. @Church4252 is repping IC in LA.
  • Oh OK, cool, he already lives in West Hollywood though right? So no friendly accomodations neccesary.

Make sure to report on all things cool at Computex.
    No, he lives in San Diego.
    Got my flight info and accommodation info today. I'll be living in the Golden Palace hotel for a week. One of the days is reserved strictly for sightseeing. Some of the ECS guys are going to show us Taipei 101, the night market, and maybe more.

I'll be in Taipei from June 3rd-9th

oh man!