Update 1.2.5 Petition

LoanstarrLoanstarr Ohio
edited April 2012 in Minecraft
So, the update has been out for a while, and I am sure many of us are waiting for the new stuff in the patch. I know the server is waiting for bukkit to be updated so log block can be updated with it. However, I feel that where the server is currently at, and being strife-less, there is no need to hinder our building by waiting for a single mod. Many of our builds have been put on hold to await the new blocks and techniques in the update, as well as some other useful features. So, if you would like to have the server upgraded now, instead of an unknown time in the future, please say so here.

Loanstarr signs.

Comments

• 2nd the motion

so I can play on the server with this
  • BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian
    If we update to the newest build, we would lose our admin tools. I can not admin a server without the tools. Ardichoke is keeping up on our best options. There are some options that are looking good.

I understand some of you are excited for the new features and I'm right there with you but we have to do what is best for the server and not having admin tools is not that.

Soon.

-Digi
  • YOU ARE PART OF THE REBEL ALLIANCE AND A TRAITOR
  • _k_k P-Town, Texas Icrontian
    we have to do what is the best for the server
    Opinion and attempting to mass appeal including yourself in our frustration when the issue is admin tools not the server or whitelist. Is the server going to be covered in penises and profanity if we do not have admin tools. Why do we really have to wait for admin tools before we update?
    edited April 2012
    Because it is the nature of the beast and it has proven itself true on our very own server that when players believe that they can get away with griefing or breaking rules, they will. I've honestly been amazed at the amount of bull shit that happened on the server since The Restart. Stealing shit, destroying stuff they shouldn't be, building where they shouldn't be and a lot of stuff gets reported as "Someone stole this!" or "Someone broke that!" and turn out to be a simple error or series of mistakes, not someone intentionally griefing. I only know this with the power to investigate.

I believe that waiting it out will cause less frustration than opening our world up to not being able to be administered.
    Is the server going to be covered in penises and profanity if we do not have admin tools.
    In essence, yes. The server is The Icrontic Community Server and it is my job to make sure that it represents Icrontic in as best of light as possible. I can not do that if I have to rely on he said she said. I'm sorry to have to say, I would rather have a few of you mad at my decision to wait then an entire server of anarchy.

Thank you to those who understand,

-Digi
  • I thought that LogBlock works on the latest Bukkit. If not, then I suggest trying out CoreProtect.
  • How I feel.

How bobby views us all.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    How I feel.

How bobby views us all.
    Your ability to give a reasoned response amazes me.