Overviewer Map

Comments

• BobbyDigiBobbyDigi ? R U #Hats ! TX Icrontian

-Digi
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    ^That video is scary, I was honestly expecting a voice that was a little more...masculine I suppose. Also what's with the rotation? Can't see my house anymore behind the Tower of Pain.

My contribution to forever.
    edited February 2012
    Sandlot, you get it, or you're Brony apparently.

@Ilriyas Did you read the thread?

-Digi
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    I skimmed it admittedly, reading now.

EDIT: Ah, alrighty then never-mind me.
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    Thanks Ardi. It'll be worth it.

I hate to be picky, but any chance we can get a re-render of the map using the original orientation today? I'd hate to miss a day captured, but I'll deal with it if you can't. I know your busy with your own stuff.
  • I was already working on it before you even asked for it. Had I not rendered to the wrong effing path the first time, it would have been up an hour ago when I was out getting sushi for lunch... as it is, it's up now (render finished a few minutes ago and I fixed the compass just now)
  • UPSLynxUPSLynx :KAPPA: Redwood City, CA Icrontian
    Awesome. You da best, mang.
  • For those that are curious when the map was last updated, http://minecraft.ardichoke.info/updated will be updated with the date and time the last render was finished automatically from now on.
  • colacola part legend, part devil... all man Balls deep Icrontian
    Our map seems to have taken a turn for the phallic.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Our map seems to have taken a turn for the phallic.
    At least it isn't a nether portal spelled name of one individual.
  • We should still try and push the map out in the other directions as well... if for no other reason than to get rid of the ugly map fragments.
    We should still try and push the map out in the other directions as well... if for no other reason than to get rid of the ugly map fragments.
    No! Bad Admin! Builders, Do Not purposefully extend the map please. We are awaiting an update with a new Awesome Jungle biome. The more we extend now, the further away from spawn the chance of generating that ends up.

-Digi
  • I didn't realize that. Disregard me, I suck.
  • AlexDeGruvenAlexDeGruven Wut? Meechigan Icrontian
    And if there's no jungle, there are no cats for Canti's house. That would be a true tragedy.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian
    The way the information I've seen reads, we'll never get jungle, because it will only spawn in worlds which were initiated after the jungle update.
  • ZanthianZanthian Mitey Worrier Icrontian
    They should really fix that deployment strategy. Especially since the game is officially released now.
  • Force a jungle, just load one into unoccupied squares with admin powers.
  • The way the information I've seen reads, we'll never get jungle, because it will only spawn in worlds which were initiated after the jungle update.
    Not true. When new biomes and things are added, they spawn in newly generated chunks as normal. In fact, I found out after the fact that strongholds would have also been generated if we pushed the old map out further after the gold release (the other admin I work with also runs a minecraft server, with a map generated pre-stronghold. Strongholds showed up in new chunks after update though).
  • d3k0yd3k0y Loveland, OH Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    Taken from the Minecraft Wiki page

"Added jungle biome (requires a new world) with ferns and new wood and leaf types"

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Version_history/Development_versions#12w03a

I had suggested to CB and Ben that you wait until 1.2 came out so you could get Jungle since apparently they don't follow the normal "new chunks have new features" rule.
  • CBCB Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ Der Millionendorf- Icrontian

I had suggested to CB and Ben that you wait until 1.2 came out so you could get Jungle since apparently they don't follow the normal "new chunks have new features" rule.
    Verily, though the suggestion came after the reboot.
  • RyderRyder Kalamazoo, Mi Icrontian
    Assuming the Red pointer in the compass rose is North, there is something built to the north of town quite a long way out, also to the south. Are those naturally occurring settlements or something you guys built?
  • I've found at least one report already of someone with a world that was generated in a very old Minecraft (circa 2010) that spawned jungle biome just fine while running the 1.2 snapshot. That said, it appears that maps generated in 1.1 won't be able to, but it's a matter of changing 2 strings in the level.dat file to make it do so. In other words, we can get jungle to spawn just fine if we want to (though it may cause some odd chunk mismatches where 1.1 world meets 1.2 world).

The council of MC Elders will convene to discuss this at the appropriate time.
  • BandrikBandrik Elkhart, IN Icrontian
    edited February 2012
    I want Canti's House of Cats.

That is all.
    Assuming the Red pointer in the compass rose is North, there is something built to the north of town quite a long way out, also to the south. Are those naturally occurring settlements or something you guys built?
    These are NPC villages. One has indeed been taken over by a group of players to build upon it with my blessing. (The one with the walls and tree farm)

-Digi

• GorzoGorzo Columbus, OH
    The above mentioned village will soon be connected via nether portal to nether portal minecart subway. It's many super-happy-time features will be detailed in the "restart" thread once the connector is finished :)
  • BasilBasil Nubcaek England Icrontian
    Just FYI, anyone using the 'minecraft.ardichoke.info' hostname to find the server will need to switch to the IP (209.59.138.27) until this is fixed.
    edited March 2012
    I'm touching base with Ardi. From what I can see it had already been addressed and should be back to 100% at latest tomorrow. For now use Basil's suggestion above to connect.

Edit: Confirmed, the issue is being addressed. Thank you for reporting it. Cleaning up the thread now.

-Digi
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    Map generation did not complete today due to the upgrade. Overviewer is already updated (and has been for a while) I just need to update it on the server. They have also greatly changed the way their configs are handled, so I will need to update that. Hopefully I can get this done in the next day or two. At the latest, it will be done by this weekend.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    Is the backup still there so we can do our own generation? Doubt I will, but I'm curious. :D
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    Yes, the backups are still in the same place and are publicly accessible.