Vanilla: First big change ahoy!

13»

Comments

• LincLinc Owner Detroit Icrontian
    Looks like this will be rolling out Sunday.
  • GHoosdumGHoosdum Icrontian
    I don't believe anything that happens on the internet on April 1.
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    MEE TO GUISE LOOK

▲ ▲
    nice tryforce
    I don't believe anything that happens on the internet on April 1.
    I lied anyway; I ended up fixing the Glue (WordPress/Vanilla bridging ) plugin which was a huge amount of stuff that absolutely zero members will ever notice :D

• IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    Methinks I can tryforce to triforce

▲
    ▲ ▲

Did I do it right guys? :P
  • shwaipshwaip bluffin' with my muffin Icrontian
    attention horse.
  • IlriyasIlriyas The Syrupy Canadian Toronto, Ontario Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    attention horse.
    Aaaawwwww ya got meh

Addendum: The Great and Powerful Ilriyas the Mage steals ALL THE ATTENTION

On a serious note on the black background vanilla some of the quotes here (And all of the outside sources) are appearing as white on white I know this has been brought up before in the bug discussion thread but I was just wondering if this would be included in the BFU
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    Still waiting for my "Sheriff of Icrontic" moniker.
    This update is snowballing... as usual.
  • midgamidga "There's so much hot dog in Rome" ~digi (> ^.(> O_o)> Icrontian
    This update is snowballing... as usual.
    I hate when they do that. Always makes me gag.
    :skeptic:
  • ardichokeardichoke Icrontian
    lololol.... snowballing. Always makes me think of Scott Mosier and Clerks.
    Hard refresh, bitches. It's a brave new world.
    edited April 2012
    Layout has broken (at least in Chrome), but I imagine you're still tweaking, so I'll wait until this evening to go into detail.

--

Hey look, you fixed it :D
    Though I noticed the option for deleting a previous post seems to be gone :(
    Check out the little gear icon.
    Check out the little gear icon.
    It only has the Edit (1 day) option =/
    Oh right, they changed that in core, sorry. There might be a setting or something to flip it back, I'll have a look.
  • SnarkasmSnarkasm Madison, WI Icrontian
    edited April 2012
    Pretty! I'm not sure how I feel about the offset + open space on the left side (kind of unbalanced on a long thread), but overall I really like the new layout and how it feels more... compact. New color touches are nice as well. Nicely done, sir. (All comments based on dark theme.)

Quick edit: looks like the "all discussions" link at the bottom of a thread is gone. We can get to front page or to the category the thread is in, but not back to all discussions. Possible to add for navigation smoothery? :)
  • jokerz4funjokerz4fun Michigan Icrontian
    whats a bookmark and cookies? How come when I clear out my cookies my internets is slow. do i have a virus? why do they call it spam? I like spam. Did you know in some parts of the world they dont have beef so they use spam. I think Vanilla better than the other flavors because its white and we all know white is right....................right guys?...............................guys?
  • KwitkoKwitko Sheriff of Banning (Retired) By the thing near the stuff Icrontian
    Still no Sheriff of Icrontic. @jokerz4fun: Thanks for channeling Andy Rooney.
    Pretty! I'm not sure how I feel about the offset + open space on the left side (kind of unbalanced on a long thread), but overall I really like the new layout and how it feels more... compact. New color touches are nice as well. Nicely done, sir. (All comments based on dark theme.)

Quick edit: looks like the "all discussions" link at the bottom of a thread is gone. We can get to front page or to the category the thread is in, but not back to all discussions. Possible to add for navigation smoothery? :)
    There's themes? o.o
    Subscribers have access to the dark theme, @midga.
    You can subscribe? o.o
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    We're working on getting that fixed.
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    You can subscribe? o.o
    I wanna say they took it away temporarily due to change, but not sure. I know that the original article is here and the link is dead for the payment page.
    Yeah, I couldn't find any link to it, so eventually I just started guessing URLs. Main page is here: http://icrontic.com/subscribe
  • primesuspectprimesuspect Beepin n' Boopin Detroit, MI Icrontian
    There will be a new subscription system rolling out. It won't be long :)
  • TushonTushon I'm scared, Coach Alexandria, VA Icrontian
    Yeah, I couldn't find any link to it, so eventually I just started guessing URLs. Main page is here: http://icrontic.com/subscribe
    Which has the dead link to payment page at the bottom, but thanks for the semi-obvious linking

<--*homer*doh!